ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Windows 10 suddenly black and white :-(

(1/2) > >>

brotherS:
Hi,

suddenly my Windows desktop - along with all programs - turned black and white. Pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del still brings up the *blue* screen (lock, change password, start task manager, ...), and after rebooting, Windows' log-in screen is as colorful than ever, so I'm really puzzled... I can't say for sure that I didn't accidentally hit some mysterious keyboard shortcut, but I wouldn't know which one.

I *really* hope someone has an idea regarding how to fix this. The only solution I could find with Google was to update the gfx card driver (Intel HD Graphics 520). It didn't make sense to me but I tried it anyway. Since I already had the latest version I downloaded and installed an older one, but that didn't help.

:down:

mouser:
I wonder if you haven't activated some sight-impaired screen reader mode or theme... Have you tried going into your windows display properties and checked your theme?

brotherS:
Yeah, I checked that already but couldn't find anything related to black and white.

mouser:
Webcrawler in the donationcoder irc chat seems to confirm my theory, he says: "there is a grayscale filter in ease of access settings"

brotherS:
Massive thanks to you and Webcrawler, that was it! :D

You can find it by hitting the Win key and typing "grey", and the related hotkey is Win+Ctrl+C.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version