ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Non-Windows Software

Google Play Store Android updates not new

(1/3) > >>

MilesAhead:
I keep running into this where I go to Google Play Store and it shows Updates available under My Apps and Games.  But often I check the version and it is the same as the one already installed.  I have two Android tablets and a phone and the issue happens across all the devices.  Kind of weird.

Has anyone run into this?  It is kind of a time sink to check the version number before installs.  I do not use Auto Update because I like to pick what to update depending on the What Is New info.

wraith808:
I haven't noticed it across 2 tablets and my phone

Deozaan:
Are you checking the version number both before and after "updating"? I ask because I have come across places that sometimes show your current version in the store until after you update.

Well, it still shows the current version after updating, but updating changes the current version. :P

But the real important detail is that all Android apps have a release/build version code that must be higher than the previous one for the Play Store to accept it as an update. This number can be different than the publicly displayed version number. Make sure you're comparing the correct number when checking for updates.

MilesAhead:
I haven't noticed it across 2 tablets-wraith808 (October 17, 2017, 03:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for the info

:)

MilesAhead:
Are you checking the version number both before and after "updating"? I ask because I have come across places that sometimes show your current version in the store until after you update.

Well, it still shows the current version after updating, but updating changes the current version. :P

But the real important detail is that all Android apps have a release/build version code that must be higher than the previous one for the Play Store to accept it as an update. This number can be different than the publicly displayed version number. Make sure you're comparing the correct number when checking for updates.
-Deozaan (October 17, 2017, 03:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

That is interesting.  It seems like something weird is happening because an App I updated yesterday will be in the update list today with the Last Updated date a week or more old.  I am waiting to see Rod Serling or Alfred Hitchcock make an appearance.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version