ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2018

NANY 2018 Release: cnpaperplay - Codenames /Codenames Duet Play on Paper Clone

<< < (6/13) > >>

tomos:
I'm still not 100% clear mouser:
if someone has a word list, [1] do they have to give it to you here, or [2] can they also create a PDF themselves using the code you linked to ?

Note I went to the linked github page and dont see anything accessible (well, not to me at any rate).

mouser:
The repository that I have open sourced, as well as the zip file download in the first link has pre-built english pdfs you can just printout and play with.

The source code repository also includes the python utilities that will let you generate new gamebook pdfs, using the included or your own custom word lists, and will let you translate the words and instructions into other languages (japanese is included).  If you can run python and you are on windows or linux x86 you should be able to use these utilities.

If you do make new translations and/or wordfiles, either merge them or send them to me and I can merge them into the official repository.

Note I went to the linked github page and dont see anything accessible (well, not to me at any rate).
--- End quote ---
It should be live and fully there.

mouser:
By the way, the easiest way to play with new word lists is probably to create a new "language" subdirectory and then put your wordfile_default.txt in that subdirectory, and invoke from source/ directory like "cnduet.py --language MYSUBDIRNAME".

Although you are only replacing the wordlist and not creating new language translations, this is the easiest and most flexible solution for testing.
Alternatively you can put the wordfile_default.txt in the main data directory and specify it on the commandline with --wordfile argument.

tomos:
--- End quote ---

It should be live and fully there.
-mouser (January 01, 2018, 08:19 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'm sure it is --
I was just trying to figure out if this is something easily accessible for me personally as a basic user, or for others like me. So, if your familiar with the cammandline, it's fine.

mouser:
For those interested in translating, look at the japanese subfolder -- that shows you a fully translated game (words, templates, etc.).  But when you translate you can leave out certain files and they will resort to default english.

Note also that you don't have to strictly translated the word list -- it will simply use whatever words are there.  In that way you could also make alternate themed versions of the game that used subsets of words (like a halloween book that only had scary words, etc.).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version