ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2018

NANY 2018 Release: cnpaperplay - Codenames /Codenames Duet Play on Paper Clone

<< < (2/13) > >>

mouser:
If anyone wants me to make a pair of books in a different language I just need a text file with your words (original file has 400 english words but the number isn't important).

mouser:
For those curious -- I wrote it first in PHP, thinking I might use the codebase for a web-based version of the game.  Then for fun I re-wrote it in python.

mouser:
Update: I extended the utility to make books for standard team-based Codenames as well.. Standby for samples..

For team play you can get away with only 2 books, one for the leaders, and one for the guessers, which mirrors how the real game is played (one key card shared between the leaders and then the public display of cards that everyone can see).

But a nice aspect of the play by paper version is you could give everyone their own booklet and they could spread out across the room in any way they wish and play.

NANY 2018 Release: cnpaperplay - Codenames /Codenames Duet Play on Paper Clone

[EDIT: See first post for download]

tomos:
First play (of duet) this evening -- I really enjoyed it :)
We got confused about the black: I thought if something was black on my list, I couldn't guess it -- but once we figured that out that I could gues them (and it was the other player could not) it was fine.

mouser:
Excellent.  Yeah that can be confusing -- maybe I can put a reminder about that up front.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version