ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Q: Best Prog Lang for Building a Text-Based Flight Simulator?

<< < (3/3)

mouser:
The good news is your flight simulator mathematics will be fast, and c++ would be the language of choice for doing hardcore simulations where mathematical calculations need to be done as quickly as possible.
The bad news is you've made your job a lot harder, and you've already bitten off more than almost anyone can chew.

CodeTRUCKER:
The good news is your flight simulator mathematics will be fast, and c++ would be the language of choice for doing hardcore simulations where mathematical calculations need to be done as quickly as possible.
The bad news is you've made your job a lot harder, and you've already bitten off more than almost anyone can chew.
-mouser (October 27, 2017, 09:01 PM)
--- End quote ---
I agree this is a tough road and I am over my head, but C++ is the tool my mentor wants to use to program the DLLs/apps to use with the Microsoft Flight Simulator X.  With his help and a template he has helped me code a function which holds a floatplane/seaplane/amphibian locked in one position next to a dock (docking) and pivoting like when a floatplane/seaplane/amphibian is anchored offshore.  He did most of the coding for locking to a location, but left me to take a crack at coding locking the heading as well and it worked!  There is A LOT I don't know, but at least I have had a successful start.  FWIW - I won't be coding any 3D graphics, so at least it will be a little less complicated.  We'll see?  In the meantime, I have not done any coding on my text-based flightsim.  I have only been planning, per your encouragement.  Based on that rough sketch I will probably not have any kind of real prototype until next summer, but I should have a simple, linear, basic alpha before the end of the year.  Here's hoping!  :)

Ath:
Ah, another potential NANY participant :) Great!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version