topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 3:59 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Calendar does not display on L-click or hotkey  (Read 11643 times)

Scott_Y

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Calendar does not display on L-click or hotkey
« on: October 11, 2017, 11:15 PM »
T-Clock's calendar does not appear when I left-click on the clock (likewise if I set a hotkey for the calendar).

I'm using T-Clock Redux 2.4.3 on Win 7 x64. "Use T-Clock's Calendar" is enabled, and single left-click is configured as the mouse trigger. If I disable "Use T-Clock's Calendar", then the Windows clock pops up with a left-click.

The only program files I am using are Clock64.exe, then in a \misc\ subdirectory: Options.exe, T-Clock64.dll, and XPCalendar.exe. When I moved the latter file to the parent directory, left-click gave an error message that it was missing.

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Calendar does not display on L-click or hotkey
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 08:01 AM »
Thanks for trying out those things... that means T-Clock did register the click itself... just failed afterwards.
What happens if you run "XPCalendar" manually?

Also, did you enable "Close calendar on lose focus" ? Might be worth trying without that.
My latest release of T-Clock Redux can always be found here, on my Github releases page

Scott_Y

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 09:21 AM »
Running XPCalendar.exe manually has the same result as from T-Clock: nothing. It doesn't appear in Task Manager, either as an application or process (so it's probably not a matter of me overlooking a hidden window).

I tried "Close calendar on lose focus" both enabled and disabled, with no difference.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 02:51 AM »
... did you enable "Close calendar on lose focus" ?

^this feature has never worked in my setup. 64-bit Win 10 Home Premium desktop tower.

Other than that, I am a big fan of your version of T-Clock, WhiteTigX  :up:

Scott_Y

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 03:56 PM »
... did you enable "Close calendar on lose focus" ?

^this feature has never worked in my setup. 64-bit Win 10 Home Premium desktop tower.

Other than that, I am a big fan of your version of T-Clock, WhiteTigX  :up:

"Close calendar on lose focus" works for me (although for now it is only the Windows 7 built-in calendar).

I'll second Curt's appreciation for WhiteTigX! I used T-Clock 95 until I upgraded to Win 7 and T-Clock didn't work. So I'm thrilled to have it running again.

Scott_Y

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2017, 11:00 AM »
I think the problem is that XPCalender.exe does not run even when executed on its own (independently of T-Clock).

I replaced XPCalender.exe with another calendar program (renamed to XPCalendar), and set the T-Clock option to "Use T-Clock's calendar." The new calendar popped up when I left-clicked on the clock.

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2018, 03:09 PM »
I don't think there's been a related change.. but could you try out v2.4.4?
My latest release of T-Clock Redux can always be found here, on my Github releases page

Scott_Y

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2018, 04:41 PM »
I don't think there's been a related change.. but could you try out v2.4.4?
The bundled calendar feature does not work, probably due to XPCalendar.exe not running even when executed by itself. I suspect that is where the fix is needed.

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2018, 12:22 PM »
That's odd... (also that I can't figure out how to get notifications on the entire board xD might work now...)
There's nothing happening at all?

I assume you used the "default" binaries (those without _vc2010 appended) so it shouldn't be "DLL Hell"

I'm interested to know if the executable gets to run at all, which might require to use a logging or even debug build.. though, it'll take a bit longer to setup the build system for that.

Scott_Y

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2018, 01:49 PM »
That's odd... There's nothing happening at all?

I assume you used the "default" binaries (those without _vc2010 appended) so it shouldn't be "DLL Hell"

Yes, I used the default binaries. I double-clicked on \misc\XPCalendar.exe thinking it might run independently of T-Clock. Nothing ran. Then I replaced XPCalendar as described in Reply #5 above, and that calendar did popup successfully from T-Clock. (FYI, the replacement calendar was the old freeware Past-Present-Future by Bob Dolan.)

WhiteTigX

• Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2018, 01:24 PM »
you did extract all files from the archive though? (also didn't mess with their folder structure?)
IIRC the Calendar wasn't made to complain about missing T-Clock DLL or load errors... only the main executable does.
You could also try to close T-Clock and run the 32bit Clock.exe to see if that works... since that's using the same DLL.