ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game for free until Sep 30, 2017

(1/2) > >>

lanux128:

• http://store.steampowered.com/app/38400/

Deozaan:
Thanks for the heads up. :Thmbsup:

I already own it on Steam and GOG. But I haven't really played it much. I've heard it was wonderful, and I probably would have loved it back in the day. Which is why I bought it on both Steam and GOG. But some of the game elements haven't aged well, IMO. And it's hard to play older games that, in retrospect, and without the benefit of nostalgia, seem so cumbersome due to the limitations of the technology at the time.

Has anyone played this game recently, for the first time? If so, what did you think? Is it worth it (the time investment)?

Shades:
20 Year celebration?

Damn, I'm getting old...

TaoPhoenix:
Thanks for the heads up. :Thmbsup:

I already own it on Steam and GOG. But I haven't really played it much. I've heard it was wonderful, and I probably would have loved it back in the day. Which is why I bought it on both Steam and GOG. But some of the game elements haven't aged well, IMO. And it's hard to play older games that, in retrospect, and without the benefit of nostalgia, seem so cumbersome due to the limitations of the technology at the time.

Has anyone played this game recently, for the first time? If so, what did you think? Is it worth it (the time investment)?
-Deozaan (September 29, 2017, 06:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hi Deo! I for one missed you in the Chat!

And somewhere in this post is what became the magic for me of Ludum Dare, of which I have slid alarmingly and have to get a few more good sessions back in!

And somewhere also there when it's not LD-Powered anti-nostalgia or something, is "haven't aged well". That's an ominous deep concept I don't have any kind of answer to!

:o

TaoPhoenix:
20 Year celebration?

Damn, I'm getting old...
-Shades (September 29, 2017, 06:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

I haven't aged well ... : (

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version