ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Alt codes for Maths Symbols

(1/2) > >>

tomos:
I found a helpful page showing Alt codes for Mathematical symbols
http://usefulshortcuts.com/alt-codes/maths-alt-codes.php
(I've confirmed the numbers given correct at other sites)

Some of them work for me, but some dont e.g. I get the wrong symbol with Alt247.
I get a ¸
I'm wondering is this to do with the font -- would I need a special font for some symbols?
Or could it be to do with using a qwertz (German) keyboard?

I'm specifically looking for the 'equivalent' symbols:

[Alt 247]

(Couldnt find an Alt code for this one! It seems to be not that common, or not commonly used for maths)

Copying and pasting of symbols (from wikipedia) does not work either e.g. with first example I get a ~

Anyone got any ideas here?

Ath:
The special character has to be available in the font you are using. Not all fonts have the entire unicode character set.

x16wda:
Run charmap.exe, load up Arial Unicode MS, and scroll down to find what you need. It reports that to get the Asymptotically Equal To symbol you would press U+2243.

I am still trying to figure out how to find the U key (as opposed to Alt), several sources say use the Alt but it hasn't worked for me yet.  :(

That said, from charmap you can always copy and paste:  ≃

Alt codes for Maths Symbols

tomos:
from charmap you can always copy and paste:  ≃
-x16wda (September 29, 2017, 05:31 AM)
--- End quote ---
yes, of course, thanks :up:

Run charmap.exe, . . . It reports that to get the Asymptotically Equal To symbol you would press U+2243.

I am still trying to figure out how to find the U key (as opposed to Alt), several sources say use the Alt but it hasn't worked for me yet.  :(-x16wda (September 29, 2017, 05:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

likewise, I saw the U codes elsewhere but couldnt figure them out either

tomos:
The special character has to be available in the font you are using. Not all fonts have the entire unicode character set.
-Ath (September 29, 2017, 05:12 AM)
--- End quote ---
something weird going on:
I can find the character in charmap (Arial), copy paste it, and convert it to most other fonts --
but the Alt247 gives me something else :-/

but at least I'm sorted with charmap

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version