ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2018

NANY 2018 - 6 Command line Database utilities

(1/2) > >>

chesterw:
I have noticed that there often is a need to dump database information into a CSV file.  Users then can use
Excel or a similar program to manipulate the data.  These utilities are easy to use, flexible, and fast.
There are 2 utilities for Oracle, 2 for Microsoft SQL, and 2 for SQLite.  They convert a table or SQL into a CSV file.

Oracle:
  OracleTableToCSV.exe       Converts an entire table into a CSV file.
  OracleQueryToCSV.exe       Converts an SQL query result into a CSV file.

Microsoft:
  MSTableToCSV.exe           Converts an entire table into a CSV file.
  MSQueryToCSV.exe           Converts an SQL query result into a CSV file.

SQLite:
  SqliteTableToCSV.exe       Converts an entire table into a CSV file.
  SqliteQueryToCSV.exe       Converts an SQL query result into a CSV file.

Deozaan:
I took the liberty to download the file and submit it to Jotti's malware scanner. 1 AV returned a result, which is likely a false-positive.

https://virusscan.jotti.org/en-US/filescanjob/2q535hrt21

Ath:
@chesterw: It would be nice to hear how you made this (start by using the NANY template in your post), any future plans you have with this, and as a developer I'm interested in the technology stuff used as well.

x16wda:
I took the liberty to download the file and submit it to Jotti's malware scanner. 1 AV returned a result, which is likely a false-positive.
-Deozaan (September 20, 2017, 08:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

Scanners like to mark any exe that has been compressed (like with UPX) as potential malware. The scanners are probably ticked off that they would have to go through an unpacking process to scan the payload properly, so being the lazy curs that they are, they opt to just mark it as bad stuff without really checking.

That said, I am curious why people still pack their exe's these days. Disk space isn't nearly the problem it was years ago, when storage topped out in the low gbs, and bandwidth savings can't possibly be a real concern unless you're going to get millions of downloads.

mouser:
What x16wda said.
These days it seems packing your exe is just asking for headaches with antivirus tools.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version