ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Jumpy: Animated videogame short

<< < (2/3) > >>

wraith808:
There is a lesson about life in that video, but i'll be damned if i can say what it is. which is, of course, the best kind of life lesson.
-mouser (September 13, 2017, 02:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

You will come across obstacles that seem impossible to you, but are easy to others, whether because of strength, wit, or guile.  Seeing you fail, out of the kindness of their heart, they will try to help you succeed.  Taking that help will kill some part of you that knows that you can do it.  Don't try to solve problems in the way that others do, or the way set before you, but in your own unique way, and you will succeed beyond your wildest dreams.

My own .02 interpretation

p3lb0x:
Did the character "succeed" though? To be it looks more like the character got sent back to beginning opening up the interpretation that you shouldn't disregard others help because of your own stubbornness

mouser:
Perhaps the lesson was: Be determined and idiosyncratic and unreasonable in your pursuit of your dream, and embrace failure -- eventually the world will glitch out and you will slip behind the curtain of reality, behind the matrix -- and see things that normal people will never see, if only briefly.

IainB:
A psychologist might say something to the effect that the funny little red "Jumpy" character reflected the difficulties that could be encountered in dealing with life events by someone who exhibited passive-aggressive tendencies/characteristics, and whose response, when faced with a disturbing reality to which they were cognitively blind (unwilling to perceive) was to escape by stepping into a dreamworld (unreality) that matched their cognitive bias, and which, because it made them happy, was deemed a personal success, even though the now-occluded (or denied) reality was - for them - a failure state.
However, I couldn't possibly comment.
In fact, some people (not me, you understand) might say that psychologists might well say something like that (above), as psychologists are very often just talking straight-out BS, but, again, I couldn't possibly comment.

wraith808:
Did the character "succeed" though? To be it looks more like the character got sent back to beginning opening up the interpretation that you shouldn't disregard others help because of your own stubbornness
-p3lb0x (September 14, 2017, 05:16 AM)
--- End quote ---

He did in the end, it seemed to me, from his expressions to the differences in what he experienced, and more telling to the way that he was able to jump higher as show that he did at the end.

Perhaps the lesson was: Be determined and idiosyncratic and unreasonable in your pursuit of your dream, and embrace failure -- eventually the world will glitch out and you will slip behind the curtain of reality, behind the matrix -- and see things that normal people will never see, if only briefly.
-mouser (September 14, 2017, 05:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nicely put.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version