ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: (10+2)*5 Timer

<< < (5/9) > >>

app103:
So, i think either the reset button should not reset to "factory" or there should be another button in the gui to use this function.
-jgpaiva (September 10, 2006, 06:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

ok.

I'll fix that some time this week.

Jammo the OrganizedFellow:
I hope I am commenting in the right place.

I downloaded the app and am currently using it.
I just have one comment/request, and depending how many other members like the idea, perhaps it can be integrated into the next version? :)

When TAKE A BREAK pops up, I think it would be benificial if a small text box (optional) that allows you to enter a brief paragraph stating the progress that was accomplished during the past 'X' minutes of work.

Best if I show you.

Instead of this (the default image):

Maybe something like this would popup:

And when the button is clicked:

(i love Fireworks, lol)

So, as in the last image sample, a SAVE button should be there to save the entered text to a .txt file? or something that would be read by the app, along with time/date stamps?

app103:
I do plan on adding logging in a future version. As soon as I figure out exactly what I want to log, the best way to do that, and the best way to present the data back to the user in a way that will make sense and be the most useful.

tomos:
I use instantboss in combination with Titlelog, which keeps a log of the active windows - ie what youre doing.

If you have been away from your computer for more than a set period of time, when you return, Titlelog will ask what you've been doing. I'm starting to also summarise what i was doing prior to the break which seems more important.

I do it to help me be realistic about what I'm doing &/or not doing :) & it can help for the next "sitting"

guiyoforward:
now this is the *ideal* program to be merged with Temptation Blocker, which has been sadly abandoned by its author. the program blocks your distractions ((firefox/IE mostly for me) on the computer, though it lacks a key feature: once you take a break, nothing stops you frmo making it two hours long! Read more about the program, with soutce available:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/temptblocker/
http://lifehacker.com/software/downloads/download-of-the-day-temptation-blocker-115429.php

Could someone bring both goodies together?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version