ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Weather notifications

<< < (3/3)

wraith808:
I'm sure 4wd's comment was directed at kalos, who unfortunately so far always needs to be asked 20 questions in order to find the relevant info
-tomos (September 02, 2017, 09:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ah... that makes sense :)

I have tried various which I uninstalled, dón't remember the names. Many of them required me to pay to be able to use notifications. Others just didn't work (never got notified of the rain on one day).

I just want an app to do a simple thing: inform me at 7am if it is going to rain today or not (perhaps when about and how likely) with a push notification. Simple isn't it?
-kalos (September 02, 2017, 10:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

If that's your only criteria, just use IFTTT.  The image above shows the recipe that I used.  And it gives me a forecast on my device every day at 7AM, no fail.

kalos:
But I only want to get notified if there is chance for rain!

wraith808:
But I only want to get notified if there is chance for rain!
-kalos (September 03, 2017, 03:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

You'd have to look into it.

There is an applet with the following description:

Tomorrow's forecast calls for

This Trigger monitors changes in tomorrow’s forecasted weather condition.

--- End quote ---

And the first one in the list is Rain.  But you'd have to see if it works for you.

kalos:
@wraith808

That IFTTT seems very interesting, I didn't know about it at all.

Do you sign in with your Gmail and these scripts are pushed into your phone? How does it work exactly?
Also, I tried to use a script but it wants to 'read, write, delete, send emails' from my Gmail account! That's horrifying, is it safe?

wraith808:
You'll have to take a look and decide for yourself.  I don't link my google account, so don't really know.  There's an app for android and iOS, and I use the app for Android.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version