ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

In search of a lightweight multi-user cms/blog for hosting coders

<< < (2/7) > >>

rgdot:
WordPress multisite (subdomains), easy and good imo

Shades:
How about giving each user its own Joomla account, grant them access to blog functionality (which you might need to add) or their own landing page and then let each user use their own css on such a page?
This extension gets high marks on the official Joomla extension page:  https://www.hyde-design.co.uk/free-joomla-extensions/custom-css.

wraith808:
WordPress multisite (subdomains), easy and good imo
-rgdot (September 02, 2017, 12:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

My experience with Wordpress is that it's double minded over whether it's a blogging platform or a CMS, to not good results.  It also takes a bit to maintain, as it's a very big surface for attack, and very popular.  You might take a look at Ghost, and the users could host their downloads offsite, i.e. Dropbox or something.

Tuxman:
Those are not even remotely as easy as WPMU, sadly.

rgdot:
The last imWordPress multisite (subdomains), easy and good imo
-rgdot (September 02, 2017, 12:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

My experience with Wordpress is that it's double minded over whether it's a blogging platform or a CMS, to not good results.  It also takes a bit to maintain, as it's a very big surface for attack, and very popular.  You might take a look at Ghost, and the users could host their downloads offsite, i.e. Dropbox or something.
-wraith808 (September 03, 2017, 01:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

Easy to maintain WordPress surely is :D Even compared to flat file and static file generators that might require fiddling with non-GUI/cli components. As for attacks and popularity, the server where they reside on must be secured, good passwords, up to date WP and plugins takes care of (I want to say 90%) of the problem.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version