ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Any native english speakers?

<< < (7/10) > >>

IainB:
@mouser:
Yes, STEP 1 was the rule-of-thumb that one might well  intuitively apply - and it would be wrong.
Sure, it might be OK as an approximation, but this is a compound calculation and the clue was that they wanted a precise answer - i.e., only one out of the 5 multiple-choice figures was correct.
This is an accounting problem, so the buggers are bound to make the student work for the correct answer!   :D
That necessitated STEP 2 - providing a proof of the answer.   

kalos:
Any idea for the below???  :tellme: :tellme: :tellme:
Any native english speakers?

wraith808:
Is that second  one 35=3 * 81?  If I'm reading correctly (hard to see because of the size of the image), none of them are true.

KynloStephen66515:
Why are we doing somebodies homework?  :huh:

4wd:
Is that second  one 35=3 * 81?  If I'm reading correctly (hard to see because of the size of the image), none of them are true.-wraith808 (April 01, 2018, 09:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

Pretty sure it's: 35 = 3.81

... not that it would make a difference ...

Logically that would make the first two choices false which leaves only interpretation of the third choice:

* √6 x 3 = ⁶√6
* √6 x 3 = 6 x √6
* (√6)³ = ⁶√6
* (√6)³ = 6 x √6
Pick one.

To extend logic a little further in the case of the third choice, you have the following possible outcomes given the four interpretations above:

* One (or more) is true
* None are true
While there are answers that permit for the third choice to be either true or false, given that the first two choices are false there are no answers that provide for:

* Only the third choice to be true
* All the choices to be false
My analysis is based upon a fully caffeinated brain cell.

Why are we doing somebodies homework?  :huh:-Stephen66515 (April 01, 2018, 09:38 PM)
--- End quote ---

Because we're bored.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version