ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

[SOLVED] A Shortkey Win-5 (in the numpad) under w8.1

<< < (2/5) > >>

Contro:
How can I do IainB ?

I have observed what you say also in windows 8.1 . The screen appear when the key is de-pressed

The most of the times appear and dissapear remaining the folder I want to open.

Also fail the Phrase Express script sometimes opening the screenshots folder, but not the month, only the year....

:-[

I have downloaded the last free version of Phrase Express, but is the same.

Contro:
With little script open well the folders

--- ---#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.
#numpad5::
Run, "O:\PANTALLAZOS"
Run, "O:\PANTALLAZOS\2017"
In the example opens two folders.

I need this going well with Phrase Express.

Perhaps running the autohotkey script inside Phrase express.
What I don't want is a single resident for this purpose is possible.

Then I will need to use variables of the year and month of the screenshot to open the exact folder, and navigate after opening to its end.

Contro:
Exist actually a remapping tools really effective for windows 8.1
I am reading in several places is a complex modification in the windows registry. And with impredictible results....

I have read there is not Resources Tool kit for windows 8.1....

So not remap keyboard tool... ?

IainB:
@Contro: (responding to your points above)

1. PhraseExpress:

* I have trialled PhraseExpress on and off, over the years, and it always seemed buggy/unreliable/kludgy to me, so I never used it beyond brief, disappointing intermittent trials. In any event, I reckon it is pretty much redundant if one has AHK installed and if AHK is being put to good use (e.g., with AutoCorrect.ahk).

* It may be that I still misunderstand what your requirements are here, but I would therefore suggest that you dump PhraseExpress and don't waste any more valuable time on trying to get it to work properly, or trying to figure it out or trying to conform to its peculiar idiosyncrasies. It's a kinda "black box".
2. Navigation to specific folders:

* If you wanted a hotkey to (say) open Windows Explorer and jump to a particular screenshots folder - e.g., in (say) C:\Users\%userprofile%\Pictures\Screenshots - when you press the hotkey Win+5, then just create an AHK script to do that (as you seem to have been attempting already, above).

* If you then want to (say) navigate to a particular "favourite" subfolder within that, then use the Windows Explorer navigation to do that.

* But even that seems a tad tedious. Using specific AHK or PhraseExpress hotkeys to perform that subfolder navigation would seem to be reinventing a perfectly good wheel, being inefficient and defeating the objective of having a GUI with good ergonomics in the first place, thus I don't see the point in doing that, so I can't really offer any useful advice on that approach.    :tellme:

* Otherwise, to quickly navigate to subfolders, rather than tediously engineering specific hotkeys, I would suggest that you could consider using tools such as, for example:

* FARR
* FileBX
* LaunchBarCommander
* Listary
* the folder Bookmarks function in xplorer².(I'd recommend experimentation/trial using of all of these, as, though they might overlap in some areas, one will likely discover that they each have their peculiar/useful advantages and can complement one another.)

3, Keyboard mapping:

* Take a look at this useful DCF discussion thread: Mini-review of 1-hour software by Skrommel: CAPshift v1.7 and ShiftOff v1.2

* Microsoft's remapkey.exe is described and downloadable from here: Tip - dispatching the CapsLock gremlin with Microsoft's remapkey.exe There is a dead link there to an article on another website, which is on Wayback:  How do I... Turn off the Caps Lock key on my keyboard? | TechRepublic

* Instead of wasting time raising half-understood objections to keyboard mapping, please just suck-it-and-see. Microsoft's remapkey will not disappoint, and it works seamlessly with all Windows versions from Windows 98 through to Windows 10-64 PRO. The only thing I have found to be a problem is that major Windows updates sometimes zap the registry settings made by remapkey, so the proggy then has to be re-run once, the system rebooted, and all keys are thus mapped back to what you wanted. Apart from those update resets, the keyboard mapping is otherwise persistent and stable (which is what one would probably expect from a Microsoft key-mapping product).

Contro:
Thanks IainB, I'll take a good look and comment.

I want to experiment a little now with autohotkey, and comment too....

Thanks a lot.

1. I am using the free from several years. 2007 or so. I have created a lot of phrases. Is not simple for me to change. Unleast I can migrate easily to other similar platform.
I am used - for one time - to the commands of phrase express. As you know my memory is not my strong point....

[SOLVED] A Shortkey Win-5 (in the numpad) under w8.1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version