ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

[SOLVED] A Shortkey Win-5 (in the numpad) under w8.1

(1/5) > >>

Contro:
I have certain problems with the shortkeys in windows 8.1
One is the combination win+5 from the numpad keyboard.

When i press wht Windows key happen nothing, but when is depressed appear the "initial" screen :

[SOLVED] A Shortkey Win-5 (in the numpad) under w8.1

The purpose of the combination win+5 is open a folder.

Whe I press 5 appear both : the initial screen and the folder. How can I configure to appear only the folder when this combination is executed ?

Note : i mean the "initial" screen flash and after appear the folder...
In others temptation the "initial" screen remain forefront, others dissapear but the folder opens hidden by the firefox window....
Seems very rare to me.
Perhaps exist a way to condition the behavior of the "initial" screen.

Best Regards

Contro:
I am using the combination win-5 from Phrase Express

I have observed the system don't allow to configurate a shortkey from the properties of a folder. Seems only Ctrl-alt-letter or number.

[SOLVED] A Shortkey Win-5 (in the numpad) under w8.1[SOLVED] A Shortkey Win-5 (in the numpad) under w8.1

The ctrl-end command is for go to the end of the folder.

Best Regards

IainB:
@Contro: If the Win+5 hotkey is reserved in Windows 8.1 as the system hotkey to display that Metro Tile panel, then you could consider using some other combination hotkey that is unlikely to be used by anything else.
I suggested a way to do this in the post Give yourself at least another 26 unique hotkey combos with Microsoft's remapkey

It's a dead simple (but not really obvious) approach for avoiding any likely potential present and future conflict with reserved system hotkeys.

Contro:
@Contro: If the Win+5 hotkey is reserved in Windows 8.1 as the system hotkey to display that Metro Tile panel, then you could consider using some other combination hotkey that is unlikely to be used by anything else.
I suggested a way to do this in the post Give yourself at least another 26 unique hotkey combos with Microsoft's remapkey

It's a dead simple (but not really obvious) approach for avoiding any likely potential present and future conflict with reserved system hotkeys.
-IainB (August 27, 2017, 09:46 AM)
--- End quote ---
But IanB, the combination win+ seems not to be reserved

Only the windows key take effects. If I close phrase express no effect under win+5

Other strange thing is this :

Using the utility WinHotKey Configuration I obtain the desired folder only deactivation the numpad !!!!!!!!!!!!! ( that is to say that the number 5 in the keypad is no active !!!!). And works fine !!!!!!

I was trying now with a little script beginning with #numpad5::
 :-[

IainB:
...But IanB, the combination win+ seems not to be reserved
Only the windows key take effects. If I close phrase express no effect under win+5
Other strange thing is this :
Using the utility WinHotKey Configuration I obtain the desired folder only deactivation the numpad !!!!!!!!!!!!! ( that is to say that the number 5 in the keypad is no active !!!!). And works fine !!!!!!
I was trying now with a little script beginning with #5::
-Contro (August 27, 2017, 01:28 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry, I had misunderstood your post. Now I begin to understand, I think.
Maybe PhraseExpress could be the cause of this odd behaviour?
Where you say:
...When i press wht Windows key happen nothing, but when is depressed appear the "initial" screen :

--- End quote ---
This sounds very much like what you can do in AutoHotkey, where an action is triggered not on the key being pressed, but on the pressed key being released ("de-pressed").

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version