ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

(Online) Activities to do with a (long distance) friend or partner

<< < (3/3)

cranioscopical:
Ping Pong is good, though controlling the ball can be a bit difficult at times.

IainB:
f0dder going through a rough patch with a long-distance partner?  :(
-mouser (August 28, 2017, 09:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
I wondered about that too - I mean, resurrecting this old thread with that somewhat jaundiced statement about "drinking to forget" an' all.

There is a lady called Nina Paley who apparently had a rough ride in a long-distance relationship, and after a baptism of fire she came through with a creative and beautiful animated movie that told a mythological story in a way that effectively parallelled her own life experiences in that difficult time. Me and my kids love to watch it. It's called Sita sings the blues
She's no slouch, and seems to have an interesting - albeit possibly cynical - handle on the history of the Middle-Eastern "theatre", as well: This Land is Mine.

Deozaan:
I mean, resurrecting this old thread
-IainB (August 28, 2017, 12:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

I believe the thread was actually resurrected by a spammer, and the spam post got removed. But not before f0dder posted his response. :Thmbsup:

f0dder:
I mean, resurrecting this old thread
-IainB (August 28, 2017, 12:48 PM)
--- End quote ---
I believe the thread was actually resurrected by a spammer, and the spam post got removed. But not before f0dder posted his response. :Thmbsup:
-Deozaan (August 28, 2017, 03:39 PM)
--- End quote ---
Bingo, Deo! - Otherwise I wouldn't have seen it.

Unless you're old or orphans, one will always end up missing friends or family, making the endeavour pointless.

Now, let's forget this thread :-)

IainB:
@Deozaan:
...I believe the thread was actually resurrected by a spammer, and the spam post got removed. But not before f0dder posted his response.
-Deozaan (August 28, 2017, 03:39 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ahh, I see.
I just found the spam:
Re: (Online) Activities to do with a (long distance) friend or partner
tags: Living Room
[email protected]
this is very great and brilliant information
192.168.l.254

--- End quote ---
I hadn't spotted it earlier. There seems to have been a rash of spam from @Otofbcop lately.
Still, I reckon that @f0dder was on to something with his comment about "drinking to forget". I used to do that - in fact I'm not sure, but I might still be doing it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version