ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

For those with a CrashPlan...

<< < (10/15) > >>

skwire:
I just stayed with Crashplan on one PC (my server).

As before, each PC in my house still does image backups nightly to the server (using Veeam).  I wrote some quick scripts to dump certain folders on each PC to the appropriate family member's user folder on the server (which Crashplan then backs up to its cloud).  Plus, my previous Crashplan subscription goes until April and then I get the next year at 75% off ($2.50/month).  After that, the one server will cost me $10/month ($120/year) which is $30 less than I was paying for the old family plan.  Not quite as convenient, sure, but it'll do just fine.  And, yes, that $10/month is for unlimited storage space.
-skwire (November 12, 2017, 09:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, we're getting close to expiration, I think.  Are you going to expire this fall?  Or were you somehow grandfathered in?

What is everyone using these days?  The terms and conditions and trust of the different services has me in analysis paralysis mode.
-wraith808 (March 28, 2018, 04:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm still with Crashplan and still running with the method described above.

wraith808:
I just stayed with Crashplan on one PC (my server).

As before, each PC in my house still does image backups nightly to the server (using Veeam).  I wrote some quick scripts to dump certain folders on each PC to the appropriate family member's user folder on the server (which Crashplan then backs up to its cloud).  Plus, my previous Crashplan subscription goes until April and then I get the next year at 75% off ($2.50/month).  After that, the one server will cost me $10/month ($120/year) which is $30 less than I was paying for the old family plan.  Not quite as convenient, sure, but it'll do just fine.  And, yes, that $10/month is for unlimited storage space.
-skwire (November 12, 2017, 09:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, we're getting close to expiration, I think.  Are you going to expire this fall?  Or were you somehow grandfathered in?

What is everyone using these days?  The terms and conditions and trust of the different services has me in analysis paralysis mode.
-wraith808 (March 28, 2018, 04:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm still with Crashplan and still running with the method described above.
-skwire (March 29, 2018, 12:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Dont they completely remove consumer access in the fall?

skwire:
Dont they completely remove consumer access in the fall?-wraith808 (March 29, 2018, 07:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

Apologies.  I should have clarified that I switched to the new CrashPlan for Small Business program.  Basically, it's the same as CrashPlan Home used to be but you have to pay per computer now.  The old Home plan used to be $150/year for up to ten computers and the new Small Business plan is $120/year for one computer.  The storage is still unlimited, though.  Does that help to clear things up?

wraith808:
Dont they completely remove consumer access in the fall?-wraith808 (March 29, 2018, 07:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

Apologies.  I should have clarified that I switched to the new CrashPlan for Small Business program.  Basically, it's the same as CrashPlan Home used to be but you have to pay per computer now.  The old Home plan used to be $150/year for up to ten computers and the new Small Business plan is $120/year for one computer.  The storage is still unlimited, though.  Does that help to clear things up?

-skwire (March 29, 2018, 10:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, definitely!  Thanks for taking the time to do so!  That might be something that I look into!

mouser:
Hi Hemantarya,

That article looks like it is on topic with this thread, but you need to state your affiliation with the site when you post something like that -- and say whether you have financial interests in the site, wrote the article, work for the site, are an affiliate, etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version