ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

For those with a CrashPlan...

<< < (7/15) > >>

mouser:
no idea.. i can't say speed is all that important to me.. but i will try looking around at what the reviews say about speed..

wraith808:
no idea.. i can't say speed is all that important to me.. but i will try looking around at what the reviews say about speed..
-mouser (November 11, 2017, 04:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's important to me because I use the syncing functions too.  That's one of the reasons I don't really need all that much space; I have a few directories that I sync that according to OneDrive come out to less that 250GB; I sync those to several computers.  I have some other secure/needed things that I backup to two S3 areas.  I also use Bitbucket for my dev stuff.  All of those I also back up to my synology NAS using Synology Cloud station.

The last time I actually looked into it was a while ago, so perhaps their engine has become better.

What I look for in my service is speed, cost of storage, the ability to sync (specific folders is included in this too), security, and as of late, who's backing the storage.

tomos:
How much do you need to backup mouser?

I'm currently backing up about 8GB with Spideroak.
No synching.
I can check my upload speeds if you want and let you know, but cant say I've ever noticed a problem with it.

mouser:
How much do you need to backup mouser?
--- End quote ---

Well under a terrabyte with all pcs combined I should think, in terms of files i really care about.

Not that it wouldn't be nice to be able to just have the entire pcs backed up or to not have to worry about being so careful regarding how much space is used by files.

mouser:
I still have 60 days left on my crashplan service, so I'll be keeping my eye open from now until then for any special deals on SpiderOak.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version