ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Good programs for helping you manage what programs start with windows?

<< < (4/12) > >>

Ampa:
A bit off topic (perhaps) as I am not sure it is a newbie tool... but I am very fond of Xecutor.

It is free for home / non-commercial use, and allows for scheduling and reordering of apps at startup. Can scan the registry and the startup folder for new additions.

masu:
http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml  In my opinion, the best startup management tool
-Josh (July 19, 2006, 07:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

I agree  :Thmbsup:

Poolee:
I was dissapointed with the interface for this program.

I think a far more practical GUI would facilitate:
1.  Sorting the programs in the order that you want them to start.
2.  Adding a delay time that represents the period the system must wait before starting the next program.  This is because programs hog the CPU for varying periods.  You can measure (& change) the time it takes a program to finish starting & not worry about clashing with other programs in the startup list.

At the moment you must set delay that is timed from the time the system boots up.  If you add a program that you want to start earlier than existing entries, & you wish to keep your system responsive, you must now do this: Manually add the time that the new program takes to start to the entries that start after the new program.  Tedious!
-skywalka (July 25, 2006, 02:05 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hiya

Funnily enuf, a program like this was on my list of things to do.  If I may, can I borrow your comments as part of its design and functionality?  Though, with the current project I am working on, development won't start for another year or so.  During that time, I'm sure someone will beat me to it...   :P

Chur
Poolee

skywalka:
 :Thmbsup:

Curt:

I think a far more practical GUI would facilitate:
1.  Sorting the programs in the order that you want them to start.
2.  Adding a delay time that represents the period the system must wait before starting the next program.  This is because programs hog the CPU for varying periods.  You can measure (& change) the time it takes a program to finish starting & not worry about clashing with other programs in the startup list.-skywalka (July 25, 2006, 02:05 AM)
--- End quote ---
Nice description of the free program I use:
Jackass JoeJoe's StartRight  :-*
http://www.joejoesoft.com/vcms/113/ 

- but it could need a nicer look and even more features ...

Features:
- program executing ordering
- custom delays
- Auto-Tune delays based on CPU usage (optional)
- new item notification (optional)
- automatically disable all new programs (optional)
- pause or stop program execution (optional)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version