ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > DC Gamer Club

Deadlight free on GOG for the next 2 days

(1/2) > >>

mwb1100:
Free on GOG for the next 43 hours or so: Deadlight.  Some sort of zombie game.

https://www.gog.com/game/deadlight_directors_cut

There's also a "Pinata" sale going on.  I think you get random offers when you 'hit the pinata'.  Or something.  I haven't bothered to figure it out yet.

mwb1100:
There's also a "Pinata" sale going on.  I think you get random offers when you 'hit the pinata'.  Or something.  I haven't bothered to figure it out yet.
-mwb1100 (August 14, 2017, 12:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

The Pinata sale is different than i thought.  You buy a pinata for $3 and that gets you a mystery game that sells normally on GOG for at least $6.  But you don't know which game it'll be when you cough up the $3.

https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004458369-Pinata-Madness-FAQ

I'm not a big fan of this kind of thing, but maybe some people find it fun.

edit:  I should also mention that they have a big, regular sale going on, too.  It's not just the pinata gimmick.

wraith808:
I hate when they offer stuff I already have LOL :)  But thanks for posting!

Deozaan:
Thanks!

The Pinata thing is weird. I mean, I understand how or why some people would find it appealing. You could get a nice $45 game for $3. But you could also get a game you have absolutely no interest in and will never play or use.

But it's basically gambling and I'm generally averse to that. I just don't have a lot of disposable income for things like that. Then again, if I won the lottery I would have plenty of money to spend on gambling! :P

And it seems some people are getting games that are the same price as the pinata, or just a few cents more. Or in (at least) one case, a game would have been a cent cheaper to buy outright than buying the pinata, due to the sales price ($2.99 vs. $3) on the game.

mwb1100:
Yeah - that's why I don't go for the pinata kind of thing thing myself.  If you want to take a flyer for $3 there's not much harm, but I'm not usually a fan of buying a mystery item (or for paying for a pre-release).

You have to wonder a little about the guy a couple posts down from the one you linked to who complained that of his 4 pinatas, none resulted in a game he wanted and all of those games were on sale for less than the cost of the pinata.

There's that saying about doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results... (I suppose he could have bought all 4 pinatas at once, but why would someone do that if they cared about the money?).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version