ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

The Ghost Process [SOLVED]

<< < (6/11) > >>

Ath:
try to forget that and concentrate in determining the ghost process or service.
-Contro (August 15, 2017, 12:17 AM)
--- End quote ---
You really don't understand how troubleshooting works, do you? It's a process of elimination and lots of questions/information, not of any assumptions. Please re-read the quote below my posts...

As long as I can remember the three or more point are for a configurable desktops program. I think is from Microsoft.
-Contro (August 14, 2017, 12:52 PM)
--- End quote ---
What makes you think so? And what did you do to obtain them, as nobody in this thread knows them or how to enable them, and we're (nearly) all experienced Windows users :huh:

[rant]
As so often, your thread is full of fuzzy (non-)information and unrelated bits, and short on answers to questions that are asked. And yes, that bothers me, as it is very unhelpful in us trying to actually help you find a solution.
[/rant]

As said before: Check your video drivers settings and options for virtual desktop features, and, as mwb1100 suggested, remove the (probably) unused nVidia drivers from your system.

tomos:
As long as I can remember the three or more point are for a configurable desktops program. I think is from Microsoft.
--- End quote ---
What makes you think so? And what did you do to obtain them, as nobody in this thread knows them or how to enable them, and we're (nearly) all experienced Windows users :huh:
-Ath (August 15, 2017, 04:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

I presume that's the Sysinternals one linked earlier - in which case:
Contro, why not uninstall that?

Contro:
Broken monitors:
The electronics in the section of your monitor that converts power from your national power grid to the voltages that the screen needs can break. Usually it is one or more capacitors that have "plopped". Something which happens sooner or later. Depending on the quality of these capacitors. Replacement of such capacitors is easy if you know how to (de-)solder components.

Plopped capacitors is the most common cause of failing monitors. The parts that convert the 220V grid power to the 5V/12V that the parts in your monitor need follows next as common cause of failure. Also rather easily fixed, but it helps if you have diagnostic equipment for electronics at hand, besides knowing how these sections work. This section is the most likely section that has one or more "burned up" components. this is something you usually can smell. Repair of that is tricky. it usually ain't difficult, but finding all components that have been damaged as a consequence of the actual burned up components, that is the tricky part.

Most people simply replace a monitor when that happens. Easier and something new and shiny to play with.

Uninstalling Dexpot"
Did you also reboot your computer afterwards or you just uninstalled? Graphical drivers use software that hooks in the hardware at low levels. Which is why you better do a full reboot when installing or uninstalling anything related to software that manipulates the way how Windows is able to show any kind of graphics on your screens in the first place.

Graphic drivers have improved significantly over the years, but it often is still better to make Windows go through a full reboot. 
-Shades (August 15, 2017, 02:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
thanks shades. I live in an island.
I was watching several you tube videos about this. condensers replace and so. And the use of globes to evitate electro shocks or something ?

In my island even nobody , or is difficult to find, solds a point in the motherboard...

The monitor first hand cost 129 euros. Of second hand probably the half.

I decided that even in the case I learn to sold next time I need to use will be in a year at least. sometimes is not an advantage....

I will restart and comment.

Now I am revising all this and watching The apartament with Shirley McLaine and Jack Lemmons. Here is a festive day !!!!!!

Contro:
--- End quote ---
--- End quote ---

I presume that's the Sysinternals one linked earlier - in which case:
Contro, why not uninstall that?
-tomos (August 15, 2017, 05:19 AM)
--- End quote ---
I install instead to proof is not the program i am searching for.

Contro:
try to forget that and concentrate in determining the ghost process or service.
-Contro (August 15, 2017, 12:17 AM)
--- End quote ---
You really don't understand how troubleshooting works, do you? It's a process of elimination and lots of questions/information, not of any assumptions. Please re-read the quote below my posts...

--- End quote ---

[rant]
As so often, your thread is full of fuzzy (non-)information and unrelated bits, and short on answers to questions that are asked. And yes, that bothers me, as it is very unhelpful in us trying to actually help you find a solution.
[/rant]

As said before: Check your video drivers settings and options for virtual desktop features, and, as mwb1100 suggested, remove the (probably) unused nVidia drivers from your system.
--- End quote ---
I'll try my very best.

Best Regards
 :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version