ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Badly explain your occupation

<< < (3/5) > >>

tomos:
they give me the shrunken versions and I try to make them look nice.
-tomos (August 08, 2017, 05:15 AM)
--- End quote ---
yeah,
and then I give them to someone like you whotake some 0s and 1s and stick them on paper
-Edvard (August 06, 2017, 01:39 PM)
--- End quote ---
although -- no,
I give them to someone who arranges all those 0's and 1's and other 0's and 1's according to how someone else wants,
and then it goes to you.

PS I havent figured out your last one yet...

app103:
I used to be an unpaid freelance content generation consultant, and I also used to get paid to give away other people's free stuff, which I still do both (part time), but most of my time is now spent sitting on my butt at home, making angry, confused, and/or frustrated people happy, sometimes with gifts containing collections of letters, numbers, and noisy moving pictures, that by looking at them (in the correct order) could potentially make them smarter, and fill their pockets with pictures of dead people.

Stoic Joker:
I negotiate truces between unhappy people, and the "cruel" machines that hurt their feelings. Sadly I frequently have to side with the machines during these negotiations, because many of the people are stupid.

4wd:
I negotiate truces between unhappy people, and the "cruel" machines that hurt their feelings. Sadly I frequently have to side with the machines during these negotiations, because many of the people are stupid.-Stoic Joker (September 20, 2017, 07:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Technician!

Stoic Joker:
I negotiate truces between unhappy people, and the "cruel" machines that hurt their feelings. Sadly I frequently have to side with the machines during these negotiations, because many of the people are stupid.-Stoic Joker (September 20, 2017, 07:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Technician!
-4wd (September 20, 2017, 07:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Worse actually, Admin ... So I have to field lunacy from both the floor and the brass. At this point I really am slowly turning into the BOFH from The Register's long running story series. Because around here the brass doesn't quite seem to grasp the idea that you don't always get the best work out of people when you scream at them. You see while I am notoriously (stoic...) soft spoken, and am therefore disinclined towards shouting matches ... I am also rather disinclined towards losing...and everything has a cost... :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version