ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Intelligent Time Zone display (online or local)

<< < (4/4)

IainB:
This might be of use, so I shall mention it:
I recall that the FARR plugin TimeZone was very good    :Thmbsup:   but I uninstalled it as it stopped working for me (on Win XP), and I never went back to reinstall it after that. I think it worked OK with Win7 though. I might try it on Win10 now that I have recalled it.

See discussion: Re: FARR Plugin: TimeZone [Update version 1.4.2]

EDIT: 2017-08-12 2012hrs: Nope. Cannot get FARRTimeZone to work. It installs OK (from a .ZIP file), but the all-important Options settings page seems to be inoperable. The user has to stop the FARRTimeZone process before that page can even be accessed.
Maybe that might have been why I gave it up years ago; not sure.
Maybe it has been abandoned? The author (@Perry Mowbray) doesn't seem to have updated/fixed the proggie since v1.4.2 - 2010.12.08.

IainB:
but I use a windows phone :-( lol-tomos (June 08, 2017, 03:21 AM)
--- End quote ---
Holy shit! There are two of us!
-Stoic Joker (August 11, 2017, 02:54 PM)
--- End quote ---
+me makes 3.

It is a Nokia Lumia 830 that my son gave me to use - he had it lying around unused when he was working at a telco.
The phone's app. Lumia Office Lens integrates superbly for document/OCR capture and image capture into MS OneNote.

wraith808:
but I use a windows phone :-( lol-tomos (June 08, 2017, 03:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

Holy shit! There are two of us!

-Stoic Joker (August 11, 2017, 02:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

With that kind of support, it's a wonder that they drew back on it. There's money to be made!
-wraith808 (August 11, 2017, 03:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

You mock me ... But I want another..
-Stoic Joker (August 11, 2017, 03:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

Me mock?  Never!  And if it was- it was a friendly mocking :P

Truthfully, I was almost along with you for the ride.  But instead I put off getting a phone until after Windows Phone was pretty much dead.

There, but for the grace of God, go I...

tomos:
oddly, it's almost three minutes out by my clock here, which I'm just after syncing with time.nist.gov-tomos (August 11, 2017, 07:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

What if you use pool.ntp.org ?

It'll pick the closest to your location, I've got a 8-10 second delay between system and what that site shows.

I thought at some point someone mentioned a util that did something with the system clock, (measured the delay?) ?
@Miles when he was having trouble syncing to the college LAN or something?

EDIT: Here it is: One Shot System Time Sync
-4wd (August 11, 2017, 07:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

For those interested this command line worked for me:
htpdate www.timeanddate.com  set
-MilesAhead (May 25, 2016, 12:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

I didnt download anything, but notice that that site, that Miles quotes, is twenty seconds behind the other site I linked to above (https://24timezones.com/#/map)
on my laptop I was ~ five minutes out:
after syncing with pool.ntp.org, I am now exactly synced with the www.timeanddate.com site :up:

EDIT//PS I like windows phone/s too :-* :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version