topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 10:33 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Bad Folder Loop  (Read 2452 times)

dhays

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Bad Folder Loop
« on: July 05, 2017, 12:48 PM »
Interesting situation. In SC, I went to the Go to ... change screenshot directory and tried to create a new folder off the desktop. Unfortunately, I went to quickly and the resulting folder was named 'New folder (2).' There I captured a screenshot.

Realizing I made an error, I tried to correct the folder name, had a problem and wound up using a file manager to rename the folder. SC now shows the path across the title bar as  ...Desktop\New folder (2)\MergeLetter.png. Any effort to use either the Go to menu or the thumbnails on the left produce an error - ERROR Saving File: Cannot create file '.Desktop\New folder (2)\MergeLetter.png' The system cannot find the path specified.'

Using either File - Exit or clicking the X at the top right produces the same error. Only way out is to use Task Manager.

Dennis

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Bad Folder Loop
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2017, 05:01 AM »
Interesting.. That's definitely a bug.  I guess the problem it was having was that it couldn't save and it's current directory had disappeared.. I should be able to reproduce it.  The question is why it didn't fall back to it's default screenshot directory the way it's supposed to..