ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Settings are reset to default

<< < (3/6) > >>

jb2233:
I think you nailed the problem “ScreenshotCaptor.ini” was not where it should be

I uninstalled and reinstalled it again using the defaults

The problem is that my (inherited) PC was modified, they created (somehow) a new “My Documents” and the ini is located there : D:\MY_DATA\DonationCoder\ScreenshotCaptor    not in    C:\USERS\

See attachment for contents of   D:\MY_DATA\DonationCoder\ScreenshotCaptor\ScreenshotCaptor.ini

However, when I setup my preferences in the fresh install it found the folder and created a new ini file

Can I use the    ConfigDir.ini    with    CONFIGDIR=D:\MY_DATA\   to force SC to find the ini file?

mouser:
Can I use the    ConfigDir.ini    with    CONFIGDIR=D:\MY_DATA\   to force SC to find the ini file?
--- End quote ---
yes.

BUT note that SC should be able to use it wherever it can write it -- so if its saving it in "D:\MY_DATA\DonationCoder\ScreenshotCaptor" there is nothing wrong with that, and that shouldn't cause any problems.
As long as applications have permission to write into that directory.

jb2233:
So far as I can tell by looking at Security level for the folder there are no restrictions on who can write to them

My question, I suppose, is will SC always look in the right place given that are two My Documents folders?

If I do use the ConfigDir.ini file does the entry need to start in column 1, obviously with no //

mouser:
My question, I suppose, is will SC always look in the right place given that are two My Documents folders?
--- End quote ---
as long as it's started by the same user it will look in the same place..

Regarding the ConfigDir.ini file, the important thing is to not have // at the start of the line you want to use -- as you guessed that indicates a comment.  Other than that it should just work.
It's easy to find out -- just try it and see if it saves it's settings where you told it :)

jb2233:
Many thanks for your assistance, it's greatly appreciated

I will not use the configdir.ini at the moment and see if the issue recurs

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version