ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Settings are reset to default

<< < (5/6) > >>

mouser:
The only reason I can imagine that would happen is if for some reason when SC is starting up it isn't finding or is failing to load it settings file.  Which I suppose could also happen if the settings file gets corrupted..
I am using the same OS as you (win7 x64) and have never had this happen.  Your documents/settings aren't on a network drive, right?

jb2233:
all files are on the local C: drive, i am the local administrator

i have SC starting with windows, could the setting file's opening be timing out due slow response during windows startup?

i could try starting SC manually after windows has finished initiating - would this be worthwhile?

BTW as per earlier shouldn't the ini files be placed in a subfolder (DonationCoder\AppName\) of the specified folder? not in the specified folder

mouser:
i could try starting SC manually after windows has finished initiating - would this be worthwhile?
--- End quote ---

I'm not sure why there should be any problem reading the settings file if the drive is a local one, but if the problem is that the file is not accessible at startup, this might solve the problem.

Please do try that and see if it helps.  The other possibility -- if the settings are somehow corrupted during save at shutdown time -- you could try solving by unchecking the box labeled "skip saving settings on shutdown" on the first tab in options.
Again, this should not be happening, but while we are entertaining ways to identify what's going wrong, that might be worth a try.  I'd sure love to know what is actually going wrong.

jb2233:
the "skip saving settings on shutdown" was already unticked

i'll try starting it manually and see what happens

mouser:
the "skip saving settings on shutdown" was already unticked
--- End quote ---
you could try ticking it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version