ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Internet Explorer Smile Always Add-On (Reward: $20)

<< < (2/4) > >>

skwire:
@Skrommel: As always, thanks!
@silekonn: If this solution is working for you, do you mind if I moved it to the Finished section?

silekonn:
I do appreciate this and will throw Skrommel a $5 spot for his effort.  It is not exactly what is needed.  It has to be something that is a 'one click fix' for the luddites.  If it is beyond the scope of the website or available programmers please accept my apologies.  Edge is a bonus.  Thank you for your patience and the time you invested.

wraith808:
I do appreciate this and will throw Skrommel a $5 spot for his effort.  It is not exactly what is needed.  It has to be something that is a 'one click fix' for the luddites.  If it is beyond the scope of the website or available programmers please accept my apologies.  Edge is a bonus.  Thank you for your patience and the time you invested.
-silekonn (August 09, 2017, 12:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

So basically at this point, you need someone to convert what Skrommel did into a windows store extension and post it on Windows store?  Or is there another impediment?

tomos:
If it is beyond the scope of the website or available programmers please accept my apologies.
-silekonn (August 09, 2017, 12:03 PM)
--- End quote ---

things are very casual here: it never hurts to ask.
I get the impression most people who do code here are doing it for fun, for a break from the heavy stuff at work.

silekonn:
So basically at this point, you need someone to convert what Skrommel did into a windows store extension and post it on Windows store?  Or is there another impediment?

-wraith808 (August 09, 2017, 01:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Something is needed that is set up for a casual or in some views novice user.  Its mention was neglected because a result that does not utilize the official add-ons for the software was not expected.  It was stated, "this is for charity" which might have been viewed minimally as multiple parties, some of which are not comfortable or able to use unsigned or less than easy to install software.  If using the other language is magnitudes of effort beyond that expended it only needed saying.

Both of the examples were in some capacity "official" and I believe it is reasonable to say I did not have malicious intent.  I went so far as to offer money for something that, if completed, would garner its creator the same number of donations and good will the other two examples already do.

The hostility is not called for.  It helps if things are communicated in advance of starting into anything difficult or time-consuming and I am sure skrommel knows that as well as tomos and others here.  If he had high expectations for the outcome he might have attempted to ascertain a clearer picture of what was sought.  Non-programmers will not always immediately grasp the concepts behind a software request.  My initial $20 stands as does the $5 for skrommel if he feels it is warranted.  I do appreciate what was done and will pass it along to those who have the interest and knowledge/skill to utilize it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version