ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Eisenhower Method - Matrix Decision Method-Covey Matrix Decision

<< < (4/6) > >>

IainB:
@Contro:
this seems and important and deeply discussion but I don't have a clear answer.
By example I tried InfoBase but I don't see the decision matrix anywhere .

At the present moment I have located four excel options and a simple pdf option.
-Contro (July 16, 2017, 04:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
I didn't mean for it to be "important" or "deep". I was probably labouring the point that one can waste an inordinate amount of time mucking about with ABC priority lists, when in actual fact they need to be simplified/rationalised if they are to be of any real, practical use.

I forgot to mention Excel as another potential tool for ABC prioritisation. I did mention CHS though, which is similarly useful. "Any free-form database".

By the way, I don't think one actually needs to "see the decision matrix anywhere". At any rate, I've never seen it in a software tool. What the tools do is enable you to view the As, Bs, Cs listed separately, and logically switch the tasks between those views (the priority categories A, B, and C are each mutually exclusive of the other two - i.e., a task can only logically be in one category at any given time). It doesn't even require a decision-tree, as the user makes the decision (by changing the priority flag to A or B or C).
ABC prioritisation is a very simple method. That's why you can readily apply it in (say) Excel spreadsheets or CHS grids (using virtual folders).

ital2:
I haven't had time yet to read thru this fascinating thread, so please forgive my question if it has already been asked:

How many staff do you have, Contro?

Oh, and this isn't some sport of mine: It's common understanding now that this some president's method is inapplicable (/ over-illusionary) as a personal-organization policy ("time management" or whatever you call it) when most of the ToDo's execution needs bounce back upon you. But as said, probably I'm just replicating here what will alread have said above by others, then just do the Ath for once here.

EDIT: For once, no need to defend my stance: As said, common understanding. Phew!
And to clarify what I meant (@Contro, @IainB): Presidents (of some country or of large corporations) do NOT delegate, NO need for the "master" version of some groupware for them. Their surroundings do all the down-it-further distribution-delegation work (which supposes the identification of possible tasks to begin with, and with or without adequate software assistance)... and are in danger if they fail in their re-upping-up decisions too often. So, Eisenhower for Eisenhowers's only, "When should I muse about what?", incl., in today's world, which telephone calls should I accept why, and when to play golf with whom, but I digress. Btw, they're almost never left alone, so it's become a primarily virtual concept anyway.

Contro:
I haven't had time to read thru this fascinating thread, so please forgive my question if it has already been asked:

How many staff do you have, Contro?

Oh, and this isn't some sport of mine: It's common understanding now that this some president's method is inapplicable (/ over-illusionary) as a personal-organization policy ("time management" or whatever you call it) when most of the ToDo's execution needs bounce back upon you. But as said, probably I'm just replicating here what will alread have said above by others, then just do the Ath for once here.
-ital2 (July 16, 2017, 07:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Do you refer a number of people in a team ?

I don't use these programs for several people. Only one is the answer.

The most complicated cases may be with the biggest project divided into smaller projects. And it's easy.

:P

Contro:
@Contro:
this seems and important and deeply discussion but I don't have a clear answer.
By example I tried InfoBase but I don't see the decision matrix anywhere .

At the present moment I have located four excel options and a simple pdf option.
-Contro (July 16, 2017, 04:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
I didn't mean for it to be "important" or "deep". I was probably labouring the point that one can waste an inordinate amount of time mucking about with ABC priority lists, when in actual fact they need to be simplified/rationalised if they are to be of any real, practical use.

I forgot to mention Excel as another potential tool for ABC prioritisation. I did mention CHS though, which is similarly useful. "Any free-form database".

By the way, I don't think one actually needs to "see the decision matrix anywhere". At any rate, I've never seen it in a software tool. What the tools do is enable you to view the As, Bs, Cs listed separately, and logically switch the tasks between those views (the priority categories A, B, and C are each mutually exclusive of the other two - i.e., a task can only logically be in one category at any given time). It doesn't even require a decision-tree, as the user makes the decision (by changing the priority flag to A or B or C).
ABC prioritisation is a very simple method. That's why you can readily apply it in (say) Excel spreadsheets or CHS grids (using virtual folders).
-IainB (July 16, 2017, 07:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

When I use the CRM I obtain commands jumping to be resolved. I am not using the projects manager with goldmine. I began to use something "similar" with ToDoList a few weeks ago and is pretty enough for me. If I am in a "state of confusion" I prefer Portable Kanban. In special cases I prefer the decision matrix.

But i am not the happy perfect man because I continue having doubts everyday.
 :-[

Contro:
Frank Degenaar discusses it in his book how to use the Eisenhower matrix in WorkFlowy:

#8 WorkFlowy - Prioritize Your Brain | Time Management
-dr_andus (July 16, 2017, 07:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Wonderful !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version