ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Ubuntu (CLI) now available on the Windows Store

<< < (3/3)

wraith808:
Before, you had to enable some advanced and somewhat hidden features within Windows 10 to enable the Linux shell. Now it's as easy as joining the Insider program and clicking install from the Windows Store.-Deozaan (July 11, 2017, 04:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

This is just a different way to get the Windows Subsystem for Linux that was available after the Anniversary Update, isn't it?

No special requirements other than Anniversary Update and 64bit - that's all I had when I installed it.
-4wd (July 13, 2017, 04:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's what the text of those big pictures say above.  ;) :Thmbsup:

4wd:
Before, you had to enable some advanced and somewhat hidden features within Windows 10 to enable the Linux shell. Now it's as easy as joining the Insider program and clicking install from the Windows Store.-Deozaan (July 11, 2017, 04:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

This is just a different way to get the Windows Subsystem for Linux that was available after the Anniversary Update, isn't it?

No special requirements other than Anniversary Update and 64bit - that's all I had when I installed it.
-4wd (July 13, 2017, 04:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's what the text of those big pictures say above.  ;) :Thmbsup:
-wraith808 (July 13, 2017, 09:13 AM)
--- End quote ---

Yeah well, I only come here to read the ASCII  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version