ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ProcessTamer

UAC still requires permission...

<< < (3/3)

tomos:
Have you tried using Task Scheduler to bypass the UAC prompts?

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/create-elevated-shortcut-run-programs-bypass-uac
-app103 (July 12, 2017, 04:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

What does it say?  It wants me to unblock it, and I just don't trust sites these days.
-wraith808 (July 12, 2017, 08:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

the website? (no problem here reading it:)
If you wish, you can also create elevated shortcut for the program, that will allow you to bypass UAC Prompt and run the program without seeing the UAC Prompt in Windows. This is how you can do it.

Type Schedule Tasks in Start Search and hit Enter to open the Task Scheduler. Under Actions, click on Create Task. Follow this post on how to create a  task in Task Scheduler.

Under General tab, give the Task a name, say NoUAC1. Check Run with highest privileges.

Run programs without the UAC Prompt

Under the Action tab, click on the New button and browse to the folder location of the program executable file and select it. The Action should be Start a program.

bypass uac prompt

Under the Settings tab, ensure that Allow task to be run on demand is checked.

Create elevated Program Shortcut

Once all this is done, click on OK. A new Task will be created and you will be able to see it.
Create elevated Program Shortcut

Now you will have to create a shortcut that will run this task.

Right-click on the desktop > New > Shortcut. In the the Create Shortcut wizard, type:

schtasks /run /TN "NoUAC1"

Here NoUAC1 should be replaced with the name for the task that you have chosen. Click on Next and exit the wizard after it runs its course.
[..]
Now when you click this shortcut, you will be able to bypass the UAC Prompt.
--- End quote ---

EDIT// added link - do you need that one quoted too?

wraith808:
Nope. Thanks!  I don't unblock (whitelist in disconnect/turn off ublock) unless I trust the site, and its advertising stream, which is very few sites.  I'll pay for the site if you put it behind a paywall and it's consistently useful, but not trust their ads.

app103:
The page also provided links to 2 applications to make the task of creating the shortcuts much easier. I tested them both and one of them doesn't work in Win10, and the other was discontinued by the developer, replaced by Winaero Tweaker, which does work well.  :)

wraith808:
The page also provided links to 2 applications to make the task of creating the shortcuts much easier. I tested them both and one of them doesn't work in Win10, and the other was discontinued by the developer, replaced by Winaero Tweaker, which does work well.  :)
-app103 (July 12, 2017, 11:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks!  Hopefully their disable reboot will work still.  My manual work around broke with some update, and this morning when I got up for a meeting, I was close to being late because it took a while to install their updates because it had restarted overnight.  I really want to stay on Windows.  But stuff like that tests my resolve.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version