ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ProcessTamer

UAC still requires permission...

<< < (2/3) > >>

Jakeman:
No, it didn't.  But it was informative, nonetheless, and something to try if I have to uninstall ProcessTamer and need to dampen the cpu drain - I think!

My drive also has several partitions and I didn't think having this program on my installations partition was the issue.  Getting confirmation of this was useful.  Yet now I'm still at a loss how to fix the issue of the UAC requiring permission every time I start or restart the computer.

I'm missing something here and I appreciate the help.  Thanks.

Shades:
I apologize if my previous post did not communicate my thought in the way I intended. There were some keywords in Jakeman's posts where I reacted upon.

Software that prevents applications from hogging the CPU can be seen as a medicine that fixes the symptom, but not necessarily the cause. Around 3 weeks ago, my system started to hog the CPU excessively and it appears that the WMI service is causing this. So if you can prevent such excessive hogging by simply restarting a few Windows services (which takes about 10 seconds on this Dual Core PC) then why not try it and see if that helps in getting back the performance you expect from your hardware.

What I find weird is that the WMI service starts to freak out after any application starts to demand (slightly) more than average amounts of computational resources. ProcessTamer, ProcessLasso and similar software can help, but in my mind it is better to get rid op the cause first, before you start fixing the symptoms.

So if there is no reason to start ProcessTamer, using whatever UAC setting or not, all the better.

wraith808:
No, it didn't.  But it was informative, nonetheless, and something to try if I have to uninstall ProcessTamer and need to dampen the cpu drain - I think!

My drive also has several partitions and I didn't think having this program on my installations partition was the issue.  Getting confirmation of this was useful.  Yet now I'm still at a loss how to fix the issue of the UAC requiring permission every time I start or restart the computer.

I'm missing something here and I appreciate the help.  Thanks.
-Jakeman (July 10, 2017, 11:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

If you turn off UAC (if you feel comfortable doing that for a bit to test), does it start up fine?

app103:
Have you tried using Task Scheduler to bypass the UAC prompts?

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/create-elevated-shortcut-run-programs-bypass-uac

wraith808:
Have you tried using Task Scheduler to bypass the UAC prompts?

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/create-elevated-shortcut-run-programs-bypass-uac
-app103 (July 12, 2017, 04:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

What does it say?  It wants me to unblock it, and I just don't trust sites these days.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version