ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

FINISHED: Hourly chime software (like Cuckoo for Mac)

<< < (9/12) > >>

orbis:
@orbis: I use a timer set to 60 seconds, so it can be off by almost a minute. It's just to be as easy on the CPU as possible, but I can easily change it.
-skrommel (August 13, 2017, 12:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks. I'd certainly sacrifice some CPU for a bit more accuracy here.

Or is there a setting which users can change, perhaps?

orbis:

[/quote]

Or perhaps two versions - higher and lower CPU?

skwire:
-orbis (August 14, 2017, 06:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

The source code doesn't have this as a user-definable setting but, if you have AutoHotkey installed, and are using the .ahk file instead of the .exe, you can easily modify the source on line 189 to do what you want.

--- Code: Autohotkey ---SetTimer,RUNNING,60000
The 60000 is 60000 milliseconds, or, 60 seconds.  If you want it checking every second, close the script, change the 60000 to 1000, and relaunch the script.  Make sense?

orbis:
-orbis (August 14, 2017, 06:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

The source code doesn't have this as a user-definable setting but, if you have AutoHotkey installed, and are using the .ahk file instead of the .exe, you can easily modify the source on line 189 to do what you want.

--- Code: Autohotkey ---SetTimer,RUNNING,60000
The 60000 is 60000 milliseconds, or, 60 seconds.  If you want it checking every second, close the script, change the 60000 to 1000, and relaunch the script.  Make sense?
-skwire (August 14, 2017, 08:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks. Moved over to AHK to try that out. It's certainly more accurate with line 189 at 1000, but it has the unfortunate side-effect of making the chime and voice sound every second for the minute it's set to run.

I have it set up to ring on the hour, and every 15 minutes thereafter. At those times, it constantly chimes/speaks for every second for a minute on the hour, at 15, etc.

Might there be a way round this?

skwire:
but it has the unfortunate side-effect of making the chime and voice sound every second for the minute it's set to run.-orbis (August 14, 2017, 09:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ah, apologies for that.  I didn't look too closely at the source.   :-[

Might there be a way round this?-orbis (August 14, 2017, 09:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

To answer your question, yes, it'll take further code modifications to do what you want.  Unfortunately, I do not have time today to look at the source more closely (regular job getting in the way  :P).  If Skrommel doesn't get to it first, I'll try to find time later this week.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version