ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Launching URL files stored in the Windows file system

<< < (4/6) > >>

wraith808:
Or you can try this without an external file

Watch the space after nn (this will increase the speed, farr will recognize you alias early

As soon as you type nn[space] it will display the complete list of entries from the Result(s)

Typing nn em will get your emacs result

[ Invalid Attachment ]

KR wjamoe
-wjamoe (July 12, 2017, 02:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

The reason that the file appeals to me personally, is that I store the file on dropbox, and can use it on any installation of FARR without retyping.  I also don't have to type it in the field in FARR, but just edit it in my favorite text editor.

mostlytyping:
Try putting $$1 in the the alias configuration dialog where it says "Result Filter for RegEx".
-mouser (July 12, 2017, 09:28 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks to everybody for their help. It is now working as I want it to.
I did find that using nn(.*) led to far too many false hits, but now that I have tweaked the regex to nn(??.*) it behaves more usefully.
Oh, and I also had to change the trigger from 'nn' to 'uu' as the former is found in a fair number of English words, which meant that searching for something like 'kennel' using other aliases would trigger it.

mouser:
Oh, and I also had to change the trigger from 'nn' to 'uu' as the former is found in a fair number of English words, which meant that searching for something like 'kennel' using other aliases would trigger it.
--- End quote ---

That is best solved by changing the regex from nn(.*) to ^nn(.*) so that it only matches if the nn is at the START of the string.

wraith808:
I figured my problem out... thanks!

mouser:
wraith -- I was going to reply to your issue but I couldn't think of anything useful.. what did your problem turn out to be?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version