ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Launching URL files stored in the Windows file system

<< < (3/6) > >>

mostlytyping:
Having said all that, another possibly MUCH EASIER way to do what you want is not to make separate shortcut files, but make one test file with all the urls you want, and put it in a text file and create a "us" alias that uses the "filecontents" command to let farr search it.-mouser (July 07, 2017, 08:04 AM)
--- End quote ---
if you have time, I have a follow-up question. I have been experimenting with the command mentioned above, but I cannot get it to work. In this case I have it bound to nn, as follows. I would expect that typing "nn emacs" would lead it to show a filtered list of all the entries extracted from the file using the filecontents command. Instead it just shows all the entries, without filtering at all (see below). I cannot work out what is going on. And yet I have a memory of it working a few days ago, so I think I have changed something but I don't know what.

This is how I set it up:

These are the contents of the file to which the alias refers:

And this is the result when I try to use the alias:

Any pointers would be gratefully received...

mouser:
Try putting $$1 in the the alias configuration dialog where it says "Result Filter for RegEx".

wraith808:
Having said all that, another possibly MUCH EASIER way to do what you want is not to make separate shortcut files, but make one test file with all the urls you want, and put it in a text file and create a "us" alias that uses the "filecontents" command to let farr search it.

-mouser (July 07, 2017, 08:04 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for this reminder.  I really need to set up FARR to use the more powerful features, but always forget.

wjamoe:
Or you can try this without an external file

Watch the space after nn (this will increase the speed, farr will recognize you alias early

As soon as you type nn[space] it will display the complete list of entries from the Result(s)

Typing nn em will get your emacs result

KR wjamoe

wraith808:
I have a question now, trying to figure out this same thing - It shows the name of the file itself in the results, even though the location where the file is located is not in my search folders.  What might I be doing wrong?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version