ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Clipboard Help+Spell

Directory used by the Paste-As-File function

<< < (2/3) > >>

mouser:
the goal is to create a new file, not paste into an arbitrary open window
--- End quote ---

Yes exactly. This feature is ONLY used to create a new file on the desktop or inside a file explorer (or presumably another application where you can paste a FILE -- which might include some image editors, etc.).

It will only work in target applications that know how to handle a pasted FILE.  This will typically be a file explorer tool.

IainB:
@mouser: Where is the paste-as-file function in CHS please? I don't see it.

I'm curious to know because, though I don't actually need it, for years I have been accustomed to using "paste-as-file" for text and for images - by default, in xplorer² - and had forgotten that the function was not a default in Windows Explorer.

I just tried it  now in Windows Explorer under Win10-64 PRO, and it's still not there as a default function. Sadly unimpressive, that.

mouser:
It's available when you RIGHT-CLICK an item in the quick paste menu.

Here's the right-click menu you see when you right-click on a clip in the quick paste popup menu:

IainB:
Thanks @mouser. I don't think I've ever used that right-click menu...certainly not the paste-as-file bit, anyway.    :-[

mouser:
The most useful items in that menu imho are : print, favorite, and paste using key strokes.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version