ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

how to compare two huge music directories playback length and file count of corr

<< < (2/3) > >>

rupeshforu3:
At present I have followed the steps below

1. Opened play time app
2. I have added opus seperated by comma in audio section of options
3. I have selected include sub folders in options
4. I have added a directory which contains 1562 opus files and 5 sub directories
5. Play time has not shown any files at all but shown loaded 1562 files in status at the bottom
6. I have selected justify columns in view sub menu after that it showed all files but with 0 in size field and left empty for most of the fields.
7. I have exported the contents to csv file and the csv file is nicely formatted but left empty most of the fields

I am providing the screen shots of what I seen below

how to compare two huge music directories playback length and file count of corr

rupeshforu3:
I forgot to mention that what happened to opus files are also occurring same to mp3 files and so I have provided screen shots of mp3 files also.

skwire:
Hmmm...very strange.  Which operating system are you running?  Also, could you try running PlayTime with administrator rights?

rupeshforu3:
Thanks for your suggestions and it is working perfectly and I am able to see file properties like codec, channels,size,length etc., but unable to see others like depth,height,framerate etc., which I don't want and I want mainly size and length, file name, path.

I am running Windows 8.1 pro. Upto now I ran with normal privileges and so it has not worked and by launching with administrative privileges it worked perfectly. Is it possible to always run with administrative privileges when I click shortcut in desktop.

When I export the content to csv file and open the  file in excel date modified column is not displayed properly. The path field for some files are not uploaded properly. I am providing the csv file generated as an attachment and so please examine the content especially path column and in that too examine first few rows and middle rows and at last bottom rows. The path field for bottom rows are uploaded properly and for some middle rows not uploaded properly.

The main issue is is it possible to calculate total playback length in the csv file generated I mean sum the total length column. As I have transcoded a directory containing 1562 files to opus is it possible to compare csv files of source and destination directories regarding length column.

skwire:
Thanks for your suggestions and it is working perfectly and I am able to see file properties like codec, channels,size,length etc., but unable to see others like depth,height,framerate etc., which I don't want and I want mainly size and length, file name, path.-rupeshforu3 (June 29, 2017, 12:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

There won't be any data for the depth, height, and framerate fields because those are video specific fields.  You're working with audio files.

I am running Windows 8.1 pro. Upto now I ran with normal privileges and so it has not worked and by launching with administrative privileges it worked perfectly. Is it possible to always run with administrative privileges when I click shortcut in desktop.-rupeshforu3 (June 29, 2017, 12:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Under Windows 7, right-click the EXE and choose Properties.  Go to the Compatibility tab and check the "Run this program as an administrator" box.  I'm assuming Windows 8 is similar.
 Alternatively, you can move the program to a non-UAC-protected folder.

When I export the content to csv file and open the  file in excel date modified column is not displayed properly.-rupeshforu3 (June 29, 2017, 12:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

This is almost certainly because Excel is converting the date into whatever date format you have set in Excel.

The path field for some files are not uploaded properly. I am providing the csv file generated as an attachment and so please examine the content especially path column and in that too examine first few rows and middle rows and at last bottom rows. The path field for bottom rows are uploaded properly and for some middle rows not uploaded properly.-rupeshforu3 (June 29, 2017, 12:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Your paths look fine to me but I have nothing to compare them to.  I mean, they're your paths, right?  I don't know exactly what to expect them to look like.  It could be another case of Excel formatting the data.  The best thing to do would be to use a CSV file viewer that won't change the data.  You can use NirSoft's CSVFileView found here: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/csv_file_view.html  You could also simply look at the CSV file directly in a text editor (like Notepad) and see if the data is correct.

The main issue is is it possible to calculate total playback length in the csv file generated I mean sum the total length column. As I have transcoded a directory containing 1562 files to opus is it possible to compare csv files of source and destination directories regarding length column.-rupeshforu3 (June 29, 2017, 12:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

What you're asking for is beyond the scope of PlayTime.  That is, PlayTime offers no sort of comparison features like what you're describing.  The CSV export just exports the list contents.  What you do after that is your own business.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version