ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Metadata or forensics data in an audio file (3ga extension file)

<< < (3/4) > >>

Contro:
Trying to find an application for 3ga :

"As far as I can tell, these file types are merely containers, and if you change the extension on the file to either mp3 or wav, the appropriate Windows media converter will open it without you having to do anything else at all.

So before going any further, I suggest that you try changing .3ga to .wav or .mp3 and see what happens - this might be easier than you think!"

Contro:
exiftoolgui is without development. I have download anyway, but don't see the extension 3ga .... :(-Contro (June 16, 2017, 04:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Again, a 3ga is a movie file.  I think ExifToolGui only works with image file types.

-skwire (June 16, 2017, 04:10 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry these files are audio files for me. I try with kmplayer and vlc . Only audio.

Best Regards

skwire:
Sorry these files are audio files for me. I try with kmplayer and vlc . Only audio. -Contro (June 16, 2017, 04:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Video...audio...  Either way, it's not an image file so ExifToolGui isn't going to work for this purpose.  Are you certain that 3ga files have any sort of metadata in them?

Contro:
change the extension from 3ga to mp3 give good results because i can sound the audio, but the metadata is exactly the same....

I don't see how to determine the recording date of the file.

:-[

Contro:
Sorry these files are audio files for me. I try with kmplayer and vlc . Only audio. -Contro (June 16, 2017, 04:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Video...audio...  Either way, it's not an image file so ExifToolGui isn't going to work for this purpose.  Are you certain that 3ga files have any sort of metadata in them?

-skwire (June 16, 2017, 04:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Good question Skwire !!!!!!

I suppose that an audio file keeps record of the date of the recording, but the only creation date I see is the moment when I copy from the original source (really I receive the file with an email)

:-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version