ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Assign hotkeys to user-toolbar items

(1/2) > >>

mbaas:
I've waited with this suggestion for a few weeks, wanting to see if I would still find it valid...and I do :-)

I would find it very useful if it was possible to assign shortcuts to the items on the user-toolbar- would help to make it even more kbd-friendly ;-)

mbaas:
*ping*

skajfes:
Honestly, I don't see the benefit in that. If you have farr toolbar items in farr just to launch stuff, you would have to launch farr (lets say alt-space) and then hit another short cut to launch a toolbar program - ctrl+shift+1 or whatever. That's two shortcuts instead of one :)

I would rather create an autohotkey script that would just launch stuff with a hotkey...

wjamoe:
there is a prehistoric way of doing this ;-)
use '&' just before a character in the title of the item

e.g. &mail as title for the item
it will appeas as mail

Then you can use Alt-m to open the mail item

or m&ail if you want Alt-a to open the item

this does not work for menu items with an icon

KR
Wjamoe

mbaas:
Honestly, I don't see the benefit in that....
I would rather create an autohotkey script that would just launch stuff with a hotkey...
-skajfes (July 21, 2017, 09:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, here's some benefit:

* don't want to install AH. Been there, done that - generally want to limit the # of tools I'm using
* You are right, that would be two keystrokes to launch the "top favs" on the toolbar. Still that's more convenient than a alt-space and then having to move hand over to the mouse and do a mouseclick, and it is less keystrokes than alt-space and a few keystrokes to find the tool and another one to launch it  8)
this does not work for menu items with an icon
-wjamoe (July 22, 2017, 03:00 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks, but I'm linking to exe's that have an icon, so won't be able to use this trick :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version