ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Adding to Comment/caption, then Ctrl+Alt+P - caption disappears...

<< < (2/3) > >>

tomos:
So: if I set it up to open main window after capture, and to autosave as per your screenshot, how do I go about adding a caption/comment [..] I wonder how I do it with the main screen.
-orbis (June 13, 2017, 01:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

late here, so just a quick reply:
see the toolbar running down the right-hand-side, there's one there for text:

* clicking icon will display a formatting panel down the right side
* click-drag in image to create textbox
* type - you can select text & change settings in the panel
As said, not sure how the other caption works, this one allows a lot of control, hopefully will cover your needs

Adding to Comment/caption, then Ctrl+Alt+P - caption disappears...

And I love "amn't"
-orbis (June 13, 2017, 01:59 PM)
--- End quote ---
was actually a little surprised it set off the spellchecker (normally dont use one)

orbis:
I'm very grateful As to "amn't", though it's off topic, you might like to have a look at http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-amn1.htm!

tomos:
I'm very grateful As to "amn't", though it's off topic, you might like to have a look at http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-amn1.htm!
-orbis (June 13, 2017, 05:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

very interesting, I didnt know it was so localised in usage.
You now know roughly where I'm from :)

orbis:
The thought had crossed my mind - but I did not want to presume!

BTW, if mouser reads these (and I am sure he does), I would still prefer (despite your skilled and worthy help!) working by using the pop-up, and I do think this disappearing caption/comment issue amounts to a bug.

mouser:
If I add a comment/caption, then Save Image and Show, then splice out a part of the image with Ctrl+Alt+P, the comment disappears, leaving a white space.
--- End quote ---

I'll look into it -- what is happening is that the caption is still "there" it's just now it's off screen. since the image shrunk.  The splicing operation does not move objects as it should after a splice.  I will try to fix that.

(you can confirm it's still there just off screen by using the "Edit -> Quick Expand Canvas" action a couple of times).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version