ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Borland C++ Builder Contest

Demina: a Minesweeper Solver/Helper

<< < (4/6) > >>

mouser:
mathias, your minesaver solver screensaver looks so fun - but i couldn't get it to work on my machine.
it starts the minesweeper (always in simple mode), and never plays it and just gives blank screen.

mm267709:
but i couldn't get it to work on my machine.
it starts the minesweeper (always in simple mode), and never plays it and just gives blank screen.
-mouser (November 12, 2006, 01:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is a difficult issue, as controlling the MineSweeper application is quite complex. I tested it on several systems - all working fine.
Does the MineSweeper Solver run (if not what OS do you use)?

I will try to make a version logging the errors which occur. Maybe that will give me a hint what is wrong.

Thx for trying anyway.

mouser:
im using winxp pro sp2, english.
the solver part of the screensaver does not appear to be running but i havent tried any standalone solver, just the screensaver.

C++Speaker:
Hi Gianni,
-mm267709 (November 12, 2006, 12:34 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hi Mathias

can you measure the odds of your solving algorithm?
--- End quote ---

No, I haven't added such a feature. :(

After pausing one year I improved my solver and fixed some bugs. It does now 36.4% of expert games.
You can try it out: http://www.wsdh.org/?minesweeper
--- End quote ---

I downloaded the program, but when I try to let it solve a configuration it runs an instance
of minesweeper (here in Italy is called Campo fiorito (flowers instead of mines)) and then it
shows an error saying 'Could not find application winmine.exe'.
My OS is Win2k with service pack 4 if I remember well.
I will try it at home with Win XP.

P.S: I think I found and error within this board (having 10 bombs). The sum of all bomb probabilites should be 10 - but isn't:

--- End quote ---

I don't understand it for now, but I guess I will understand when I will see Your program in action.
Also did You find the html file on which I detail some techniques used to solve the game ?
Do You use some different ones ?

Gianni

C++Speaker:
two minesweeper solvers!!!

now i know for sure that this world is just a dream world inside the matrix.
-mouser (November 12, 2006, 01:20 AM)
--- End quote ---

I sometimes have this same suspect, too !

Well, when I decided to partecipate to the contest I was thinking to have something really original, but it seems like somebody other had the same idea, that's really incredible !

Gianni

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version