ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Still using Chrome? Enjoy being watched.

<< < (2/5) > >>

tomos:
Does this also affect all browsers based on Chromium?

Tuxman:
Not necessarily, as this is mostly a UI issue which is not related to the browser engine.

wraith808:
You make it sound like installing a different browser than Chrome would be an unbearable task. Maybe I am smart enough to miss the point here. Care to elaborate?
-Tuxman (May 31, 2017, 08:26 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not saying installing, I'm saying considerations of the browsing engine and what it supports.  If you have an internal applications that doesn't support other engines.  Seriously?  I had to elucidate that to you?

Tuxman:
Nothing's wrong with the browser engine. Did you even read the link?  :huh:

solaris65:
The Lunascape browser runs all three of the main engines (Trident, Gecko, WebKit), so it supports nearly every site you might visit.

There seems to be some issue with AV programs and false positives, due to it running the three engines, but I've been using it for a few years now and kept a close eye on my system while using it, with the likes of Sandboxie and WinPatrol and I've yet to see anything running on my system that wasn't meant to be when using the browser.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version