ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > T-Clock

T-Clock 2.4.3 build 471 Display Properties throws error

<< < (3/6) > >>

bobofeta:
I don't think it's a bug, and I don't think this is a case of just wait until Microsoft fixes it. It's really just a heads-up to the dev that the Creators Update changes some things. This seems to be typical of Windows 10 major releases. It happened with the Windows 10 November Update, the Windows 10 Anniversary Update and will probably happen again with the upcoming Windows 10 Redstone 3 Update. These are very different operating systems. It's just Microsoft's decided to call them all Windows 10 and finally give updates away for free like everyone else is doing. But some low level, third party apps have to be adjusted.

Also, the recent WannaCry ransomware virus is a healthy reminder to keep your systems updated.

And the "Display Properties' shortcut in T Clock certainly isn't a high priority deal-breaker...

IainB:
I don't think it's a bug, and I don't think this is a case of just wait until Microsoft fixes it. ...
-bobofeta (May 22, 2017, 12:25 PM)
--- End quote ---
Ah, well, if you think that, then maybe I could be accused of being a tad optimistic in supposing what I did there.

/Rant ON
Maybe, for whatever reason, MS won't, in the end, take responsibility for fixing whatever they seem to have broken, and which apparently only they could fix, so then it would be left to the app developer(s) to adapt the apps affected, so that they point to the new address (or whatever it is).
Then again, maybe MS will fix it, given time. Fortunately, in terms of priority, at least the wheels don't seem likely to fall off anything critical because of it, meanwhile.
I suppose the question is: In this Richmond variant of "Waiting for Godot", how long does one actually wait?

And then, the possibility is that the app developer(s) will adapt the app(s) to be in sync with the new address (or whatever it is) and then, having done so, MS belatedly actually fix it like they should have done in the first place, which then could leave those apps already thus adapted to be out of sync again. Such fun. Stranger things have happened at sea.
Some people (not me, you understand) might say that it could thus seem more prudent to take a "Wait-and-see" approach in such cases. They might add that they admit the allure of getting on with and enjoying one's life, rather than spending one's cognitive surplus hovering over a partially crippled Windows OS with a spanner and screwdriver in hand, trying to fix up someone else's obscure mistakes. However, I couldn't possibly comment.

This is all kinda academic in my case anyway, as I am not generally predisposed towards being a "Creators Update" or "pre-release" or whatever-kind-of-ß-tester of new versions of the OS, because being the usual kind of enforced in-production-ß-tester is more than sufficient joy for me.
/Rant OFF

Stoic Joker:
MS has been putting great effort into decommissioning the venerable old Control Panel in favor of the new Settings Center/Window/Utility/WTF ever their calling it ... So the old Display Settings may very well just be gone..

Hay, Speaking of gone ... Where's White Tiger??

IainB:
... So the old Display Settings may very well just be gone...
-Stoic Joker (May 23, 2017, 11:24 AM)
--- End quote ---
Oh, good point. If they have been progressively decommissioning the old Control Panel, then you might well be proven right. Ha-ha and there I was gullibly presuming that they would probably fix it...    :-[

wraith808:
Maybe, for whatever reason, MS won't, in the end, take responsibility for fixing whatever they seem to have broken, and which apparently only they could fix, so then it would be left to the app developer(s) to adapt the apps affected, so that they point to the new address (or whatever it is).
-IainB (May 23, 2017, 11:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

If you develop for a platform, you know that the platform's developers are under no obligation to support your software.  Or at least you should know that.  You have to roll with the platform's releases.  They didn't intentionally break t-clock.  They also didn't intentionally not break it these years.  It would be up to a developer to figure out what the problem is, and change/correct the software.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version