ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > T-Clock

T-Clock 2.4.3 build 471 Display Properties throws error

<< < (2/6) > >>

anandcoral:
So it seems MS (Creators Update) problem.

MS hasn't advised me to get Creators Update, and no error in 32 bit Win 10, same result as IainB.

Regards,

Anand

IainB:
So it seems MS (Creators Update) problem.
MS hasn't advised me to get Creators Update, and no error in 32 bit Win 10, same result as IainB.
-anandcoral (May 22, 2017, 03:46 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, I wondered about that maybe being an error peculiar to the Creators Update Windows version, or maybe it's an error caused by the update.
From the looks of the error panel, I thought that T-Clock might be correctly linking to the correct folder address (the special folder/pane number/address) for the Control Panel\Appearance and Personalisation\Display pane, but that that address may no longer be the correct address for that folder/pane anymore.

The address may have been changed to something different by the Creators Update (i.e., it may have been changed to something else just in that version).
Thus, T-Clock is faithfully linking to what was previously the "correct" address, but it's no longer the correct address, post-Creators Update. Broken backwards compatibility.

Just a guess, as I have no idea how T-Clock is getting/using the address for that system pane.

IainB:
@anandcoral: Sorry for the off-topic request, but could you please provide the hardware spec that you have running the Win10 32-bit OS?
And could you summarise your view of its overall performance when using that OS, please? Do you have a basis for comparison? - i.e., did you previously have Win7 32-bit, or something, on that hardware?
I'm just interested in your experience with that, as I am considering putting Win10 32-bit on a 32-bit laptop for someone, but am unsure whether it's advisable - i.e, whether maybe it'd be better to stick with the existing Win7 32-bit installation.

Thanks in advance for any input.

IainB:
IainB, it doesn't look like you're running the Windows 10 Creators Update. It was just rolled out recently. If Windows Update says "you're up to date", there should be a message underneath that text explaining how to download the Creators Update from Microsoft.
-bobofeta (May 21, 2017, 02:39 PM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, thanks for the helpful tip, @bobofeta. I was aware that I was not running the Windows 10 Creators Update version (I'm in no hurry to install it either). It was that fact that made me say "That's odd" and why I copied my Windows version details. I wondered whether the error was an error in T-Clock, or (more likely) the result of changes in the Win10 Pro 64-bit Creators Update version
It rather begins to seem that it might be the latter.

If it is, and if it is indeed a case of broken backwards compatibility, or something like that, then Microsoft may well patch it in while - it's a non-critical error (I would suppose), so not urgent to fix.
MS are usually pretty good at maintaining backwards compatibility.

cranioscopical:
Build 14393.rs1_release_sec.170427-1353
-bobofeta (May 21, 2017, 12:13 PM)
--- End quote ---
Same issue here W10x64 [Version 10.0.15063]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version