ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > T-Clock

T-Clock 2.4.3 build 471 Display Properties throws error

<< < (5/6) > >>

anandcoral:
- then I would strongly suggest consideration be given to installing Classic Start Menu - refer Classic Shell (shell alternative for Windows 10, 8, 7) - Mini-Review
Classic Start Menu also provides an alternative XP, or Vista, or Win7 interface (take your pick). This could be useful for you with your users' needs (as you have described them).
-IainB (May 24, 2017, 07:58 PM)
--- End quote ---

I use FARR from my WinXp days and still happy with it.  :)
Yes I did suggested and installed "Classic Start Menu" but there are still many windows interface, not just selecting program, which are quite different in Win8/10 than in WinXp, also Win10 now already have "Start Menu". But the users like to stay where they are more comfortable. 

Regards,

Anand

bobofeta:
If you develop for a platform, you know that the platform's developers are under no obligation to support your software.  Or at least you should know that.  You have to roll with the platform's releases.  They didn't intentionally break t-clock.  They also didn't intentionally not break it these years.  It would be up to a developer to figure out what the problem is, and change/correct the software.
-wraith808 (May 23, 2017, 07:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

Exactly.

This is standard software development. Developers usually have to update their software for new releases.

For example, if you wrote a program that ran on Mac OS X Tiger, don't assume it will still run on macOS Sierra.

WhiteTigX:
In the Miscellaneous menu, there is an option: Restore Previous Calendar (!! Global Win 10 Setting !!)

What is it supposed to do?
[...]
-Dypsis (May 24, 2017, 10:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
Since the Anniversary update? Nothing... before that.. It restored the good-old Windows Calendar you used to know pre-Win10

[...]
Then there was that damn nifty system calendar in 10 that - got moved from where it had been for years... - I never could figure out how to launch back when. How the hell White Tiger found the damn thing I'm not sure...but he did shortly after taking over the project.-Stoic Joker (May 24, 2017, 06:27 AM)
--- End quote ---
Actually.. "before" since that's the "main" reason by which you forced me to fork T-Clock^^ And in fact.. I've used Google to "figure" it out :P But the old way got also broken by Windows 10's Anniversary update... which is why there's some ugly workaround now.

@topic well... I have to get my hands on a Creators update first.. my private PC is on the slow-ring just because those updates tend to break a lot of apps (even introduced memory leaks / Windows crashes) and my Windows partitions usually tend to be small... with about 2-3 GB free which is rarely enough for Windows to do a "major" upgrade and thus I'm stuck in an upgrade loop... (installing changes.... reverting changes...). This is also true for my VMs... and besides that... an upgrade also takes >30 minutes (probably an hour and more especially when reverting... since it'll take twice as much in those cases)

Is it the Creators update that's supposed to improve (fix) the update mechanism?

P.S. somehow.. I've never received an mail notification about this topic's creation...

Curt:
[ Invalid Attachment ]

Windows 10 Pro • 64-bit • Version 1703 • OS Build 15063.296 • (Creators Update)
-bobofeta (May 21, 2017, 12:13 PM)
--- End quote ---

^yes, it does this on my desktop as well

64-bit Win 10 Home

WhiteTigX:
Half a year later, fixed in v2.4.4

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version