ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > Activation/License/Language Help

WHAT LICENSE KEY ? LOAD OF CRAP

<< < (4/6) > >>

mouser:
That was an interesting comment for the poster to make.. It's almost as if the world of free advertising-sponsored apps have made people think that they are generating revenue for us just by using our apps.  Let me clarify for folks that no one makes any money from DonationCoder software based on the number of users, installs, etc.  There is no adware, no bundled 3rd party toolbars, etc. that generate revenue for us.  [And no ads on the website that let us make money from people visiting the website].

Not only that but we pay a pretty hefty fee each month (over $300/month) to run the servers hosting the downloads, etc.  We're not complaining -- the donations from users still covers our costs -- but yeah, do realize that we aren't making any money just based on downloads/installs/users..

MilesAhead:
If this is how the OP treats the author of free software he's been using for years just imagine how he treats his employees!  If there are any besides himself that is.   :)

Glad I don't work for that guy!   ;D
Indentured servitude will never die apparently!  ;)

Now that I'm wide awake I can decide what to do for lunch.  :)

michaelkenward:
Haven't enjoyed a thread so much for a while - Mouser you are a saint  :-*
-Carol Haynes (May 19, 2017, 08:50 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yup.

tomos:
Apart from the sainthood of mouser :) it is interesting to see how looking at things more objectively can be constructive:

That was an interesting comment for the poster to make.. It's almost as if the world of free advertising-sponsored apps have made people think that they are generating revenue for us just by using our apps.  Let me clarify for folks that no one makes any money from DonationCoder software based on the number of users, installs, etc.  There is no adware, no bundled 3rd party toolbars, etc. that generate revenue for us.  Not only that but we pay a pretty hefty fee each month (over $300/month) to run the servers hosting the downloads, etc.  We're not complaining -- the donations from users still covers our costs -- but yeah, do realize that we aren't making any money just based on downloads/installs/users..
-mouser (May 19, 2017, 09:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

not much to say here that hasn't been said before [thinking along the lines of the state of the free/paid software world and all in-between], beyond that I'm thankful that donationcoder continues to work the way it does, and that at least the basic bills are getting paid -- and yes, that *is* a hefty fee :up:

KynloStephen66515:
There is no need to reply to insults with more insults (Stephen I'm looking at you).

-mouser (May 19, 2017, 08:27 AM)
--- End quote ---

Look at me all you want...I call a spade a spade (or in this case, a jackass a jackass)  ;D

I may have ranted more than I usually would have done (sleep deprivation and all that), but I'm also sick of self-entitled idiots who think they deserve everything.  Yeah, the license key may be slightly frustrating to find (even I couldn't remember where it was the other day)...but is there any need to come onto the forum, screaming and swearing?  In any other "Customer Service" situation, he would have been simply told to f**k off, get out of the store, and not to return.  At least I directed him to where he needed to go BEFORE my rant ^_^  I'd say that's twice the help he should have got haha

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version