ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Problem Solved. (batch change of jpg 'created time')

<< < (4/5) > >>

DonL:
OK, to leave something more useful than a sigh, here is the line that does the job in XYplorer (sets the created date of each selected item to that item's modified date):

--- ---timestamp "c", "*", , "m";
For one-time usage you can paste that line into the address bar and press Enter.

(Obviously, if you need the reverse job, simply swap "c" and "m".)

Curt:
I was annoyed and took it out on DonL. As simple as that. Sorry, DonL. Why not tell us how to use XYplorer to solve the initial problem? Oh, you have:

OK, to leave something more useful than a sigh, here is the line that does the job in XYplorer (sets the created date of each selected item to that item's modified date):

--- ---timestamp "c", "*", , "m";
For one-time usage you can paste that line into the address bar and press Enter.

(Obviously, if you need the reverse job, simply swap "c" and "m".)
-DonL (May 31, 2017, 02:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

^But what is that? How can you suggest that this in any way should be easier than what I already had described solved the problem? No, I knew it right from the beginning: The business man was only looking for a way to promote his (otherwise excellent) program - Yes, it is excellent, I bought a lifetime key, didn't I. DonL could easily have made me happy. All he should do was to say "if another time, and if you have XYplorer, it can also do this". But he didn't. So I got annoyed. That's it.

cranioscopical:
"if another time, and if you have XYplorer, it can also do this"
-Curt (May 31, 2017, 11:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

Gosh! That's not your usual way, Curt.

If another time you feel this way, and if you have the foresight, you can also think the best of someone who tries to help ;)

Curt:
no, you're right, cranioscopial, it's not my style at all. Thanks for noticing! The weather outside is nice, the weather inside is not; here's a storm raging: I might leave my club! After 35 years of loyalty, this is too big for my body. All day long, I feel so sad. But it has nothing to do with DC, so why take it out on DL? Hm...:

Sorry, DonL!  :-[

DonL:
You're welcome. :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version