ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Grab selected region

<< < (5/6) > >>

philippqf:
I just came across this problem recently, now on a new HP 612 x2 running Windows 10 64. I installed the latest graphics driver, but that did not solve the issue. The only way I can make grab selected region work seems to be setting the desktop zoom in Windows to 100 % for all displays. As soon as I set one to e.g. 150 %, the described zoom phenomenon appears. Even if I set all displays to 150 %, the problem persists.

In my configuration it is not an option to work with the same zoom for all displays as the physical sizes and resolutions differ a lot. I've been using Screenshot Captor for many years now and I don't want to switch to something else. But if this problem persists I'll have to.

Any chance to get this fixed?

wraith808:
Excellent detective work -- and thanks for sharing -- hopefully this will help someone else who encounters the same problem.
-mouser (December 10, 2017, 05:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Sadly, as soon as I rebooted my computer, the zooming issue when capturing screenshots has returned.
If I reinstall video drivers, it fixes it until I reboot again, and it starts all over.  So, at this point I'm just lost , and there doesn't seem to be any way to 'disabled' the zooming.   Doing a full print screen zooms, doing a print region zooms, and you can't 'move' the zoomed region. It just auto pics a place and zooms in.  Only way to get out of the zoom is then to hit escape.

-Evanrude (December 17, 2017, 07:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

Didn't see this, but yes, I could tell you that nothing really solves it.  I've resolved to making the capture and restricting the region in the post-capture dialog.  You can't screenshot the issue, so I've despaired of being able to give Mouser any useful input on the problem.

mouser:
If all monitors are set to the same DPI the problem there shouldn't be a problem.. If you have multiple monitors at different dpi settings (for example one at 150% and another at 100%) then the problem will happen.  It could also happen if you connect monitors after SC has been started.  There might be a way for me to add an option to correct this, at the cost of having the controls (buttons, etc.) on SC being native small size.

tintin42:
Is a fix for this issue in the works? I love SC, but I need to use different magnifications on screens and plug in and out monitors all the time when I dock my computer. All other screenshot tools I know of are inferior, but not beeing able to take screen shots is severe limitation...

mouser:
Remember that SC is very good at letting you crop AFTER you take a screenshot of the entire workspace.. The difference between grabbing a selected region, and grabbing the entire workspace and then cropping is quite small..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version