ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Benefits of using SC with ShareX?

<< < (2/2)

SuperMan:
Thanks again for your reply.  Yes, I tried out the "built-in" simple uploader a little while ago and it worked fine.  It did copy the URL to the clipboard.  That is certainly good enough for the basics.

SX has a "History" dialog which keeps track of all the links, including a deletion link and a thumbnail link, for at least some of the anonymous hosts that support those functions.  It also allows you to copy the links with commands, has a filter to find links and a few other things.  I consider at least the portion of this  feature that keeps a record of all the links pretty important, but I do think it's not an easy one to implement.  Without it, you would have to keep track of all the links manually.  Not an easy job.  I'm using Imgur on SX right now so I know that that host supports at least deletion links.  I don't think that Screenshot Captor currently gives you the deletion link on Imgur at least not in this anonymous mode.  I actually already have an Image Shack account so I may give the non-anon mode a try.

Thanks again so much for this gem of a program.  I have a number of other comments, but I want to be more prepared when I make them and will also post them in new threads because they are somewhat OT for this one.  If I can think of anything constructive to add to your already fantastic ideas, I will post it.

Keep up the great work!

lidvan:
Hello @mouser..I always use the built-in uploader of screencaptor but it seems imageshack is not free anymore so I'm looking for another solution.
I installed ShareX as a solution for uploading however Screencaptor says it can't find it

[Window Title]
Screenshot Captor

[Content]
Automatic upload of new screenshot ERROR: The ShareX Uploader tool could not be found.  Please install the ShareX tool or change to use a different upload method.

[OK]

How can I get this to work again?
ShareX is also complaining about Hotkeys registration as well but I do not know if this can be solved easily without having to reconfigure manually.
Thank you for a swift reply hopefully.

---------------------------
ShareX - Hotkey registration failed
Unable to register hotkeys:

Capture region: Ctrl + Print Screen

Capture entire screen: Print Screen

Capture active window: Alt + Print Screen

Start/Stop screen recording: Shift + Print Screen

Start/Stop screen recording (GIF): Ctrl + Shift + Print Screen

Please select a different hotkey or quit the conflicting application and reopen ShareX.

There may be an application conflict:

Microsoft OneDrive (OneDrive.exe)

Dropbox (Dropbox.exe)

Screenshot Captor (ScreenshotCaptor.exe)

Dropbox (Dropbox.exe)

Dropbox (Dropbox.exe)
OK   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version