ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Bug: Screenshot Captor switches into different resolution during screenshot

<< < (4/6) > >>

mouser:
Let's try to tackle the issues one at a time.
First, the red-box capture mode should not be hanging(!).  Can you track down any extra info about that? Sometimes I've noticed that when an app appears to be hung, if you alt+tab to it you will reveal a dialog that was hidden for some reason.
Can you see if you can figure out any clues about when it hangs during a red-box capture?

After that, perhaps I can try building a version of SC that forces itself to be dpi-aware in a way that will not mess up the resolutions when doing a shift+prtscr capture...

mouser:
Can you try this beta version and let me know if it performs any differently with shift+prtscr:

* setup exe
* or portable.
(all i changed was told the manifest that SC was "per-monitor dpi aware" which *might* prevent the weird scaling.

RobH2:
Ok @mouser, one at a time. Good idea.

Using the portable Beta and the Red capture setting, the capture window is frozen as soon as it pops up after I hit 'Ctrl+click.'  But, if I 'Alt+Tab' away from it and then cycle to it, it is not frozen, I can make choices and all is well. It's just frozen until I 'Alt+Tab' away and come back.

I tried just clicking (no 'Alt+Tab'-ing) on other windows or apps and then clicking back to SC, but that didn't unfreeze. The only way I could unfreeze it was to 'Alt+Tab' it. FYI, 'Win+Tab' had the same effect, it recovered it also. Also, I don't have to 'Alt+Tab' back to it directly. I can 'Alt+Tab' to something else and then just click the SC window and it will be alive again.

RobH2:
Now @mouser, 'shift+prtscr'

It still massively enlarges the screen on capturing. Not solved but the Beta.

So you know how I'm running it, I didn't uninstall my production version (that is not installed as Portable). I just made sure it was terminated and then I launched the Portable Beta. I assume that's OK.

Lastly, for both issues, I tried running as 'Administrator' when I launched. No difference. Although, my entire machine is set to Administrator so that's probably moot.

mouser:
So you know how I'm running it, I didn't uninstall my production version (that is not installed as Portable). I just made sure it was terminated and then I launched the Portable Beta. I assume that's OK.
--- End quote ---

yep, that's fine.

ok let me look into both areas of code again..

when you alt+tab and wake it up, what dialog window is it on at that point? is it the post-capture dialog where you are shown a preview of the capture?  And are you saying that before you alt-tab, you can see that dialog, but can't activate it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version